ADVERTISEMENT

A Bad Economic Sign

RedcoatOf94

National Champion
Sep 3, 2005
I saw this in the WSJ the other day tells me we are in for some rough times.
The average amount spent per transaction at Home Depot is up 11.4%. The number of transactions declined 8.2%. Fewer shoppers spending more per trip had same store sales up 2.2%. You may ask, what's the bad news? Sales are up, right?

Here's what what made the big orange money machine work. Home Depot is an Everyday-low-price retailer. The strategy is to sell at a competitive price which brings in lots of customers. Their volume purchasing allows the retailer to in turn buy in greater volume from their suppliers where the retailer can secure volume discounts. Pass some of the savings on to the consumer, who buys more from the retailer, which allows the retailer to repeat the virtuous cycle.

The stats that I listed in my opening statement fly right in the face of what made Depot so successfull. It's a shame. Regular investors are going to suffer because of this; refusals folks are probablygoing to get laid off. The Dems have led us straight to disaster. They need to be our of power for 24 years, not 12 like Reagan to Clinton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT