ADVERTISEMENT

A few Covid stats for Georgia, in case you hadn't noticed...

FivePtsDawg

El Guapo
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Dunwoody
As of yesterday afternoon the 7-day rolling average of new cases was 840. That's the lowest 7-day average since June 14, 2020.

Covid-related deaths have also (thankfully) fallen off a cliff. Date of Death is a more accurate statistic than Date of Report, though it does have some lag time (2 week lag on the Georgia Covid Dashboard site). With that in mind, even if we go back a full month to April 6, we were then at a rolling 7-day average of 14.9 deaths per day. We haven't seen that low of a number since March 28, 2020. For the record, our peak was on Jan. 17 at a 7-day average of 125 Covid-related deaths per day.

Our 7-day average positive rate for PCR tests is at 4.7%. That's the lowest percent positive since the pandemic "officially started" (i.e. when schools & businesses were closed in mid-March 2020).

The number of patients hospitalized with or because of Covid is the lowest it has been since the end of June 2020. Covid patients only make up 6.7% of hospitalized patients in the state, with another 2.2% "under investigation". And again, at least some (unclear how many?) of those patients aren't necessarily hospitalized because of Covid, they just have Covid & happen to be hospitalized for something else.

On a side note, with flu "season" now officially over in Georgia, it's great to report that there really wasn't even a flu season at all in Georgia this year. Zero flu "outbreaks" as they are defined. Only 36 flu-related hospitalizations (only 1 under age 18) and 2 flu-related deaths (both over age 50) across the entire state. You can argue how effective the varying Covid mitigation strategies & policies were in preventing the spread of Covid, but there is do doubt they are incredibly effective in preventing the spread of the seasonal flu.

As of yesterday afternoon the 7-day rolling average of new cases was 840. That's the lowest 7-day average since June 14, 2020.

Covid-related deaths have also (thankfully) fallen off a cliff. Date of Death is a more accurate statistic than Date of Report, though it does have some lag time (2 week lag on the Georgia Covid Dashboard site). With that in mind, even if we go back a full month to April 6, we were then at a rolling 7-day average of 14.9 deaths per day. We haven't seen that low of a number since March 28, 2020. For the record, our peak was on Jan. 17 at a 7-day average of 125 Covid-related deaths per day.

Our 7-day average positive rate for PCR tests is at 4.7%. That's the lowest percent positive since the pandemic "officially started" (i.e. when schools & businesses were closed in mid-March 2020).

The number of patients hospitalized with or because of Covid is the lowest it has been since the end of June 2020. Covid patients only make up 6.7% of hospitalized patients in the state, with another 2.2% "under investigation". And again, at least some (unclear how many?) of those patients aren't necessarily hospitalized because of Covid, they just have Covid & happen to be hospitalized for something else.

On a side note, with flu "season" now officially over in Georgia, it's great to report that there really wasn't even a flu season at all in Georgia this year. Zero flu "outbreaks" as they are defined. Only 36 flu-related hospitalizations (only 1 under age 18) and 2 flu-related deaths (both over age 50) across the entire state. You can argue how effective the varying Covid mitigation strategies & policies were in preventing the spread of Covid, but there is do doubt they are incredibly effective in preventing the spread of the seasonal flu.

Great report. Fax r fax.

One item - the claim COVID measures killed the flu is hard to substantiate against the data, and I am probably understating it. There has got to be another explanation because there doesn't seem to be correlation between flu collapse and any NPI (lockdowns and mask utilization especially). I suspect viral interference will end up being the cause, but whatever the cause we need to find it because there is a loud constituency for using masks etc in the future because "they killed COVID".

Aside from that I wish media would report this data but even that wall is beginning to crack. Encouraged even the Atlantic is reporting how the Left is becoming increasingly detached from reality on this.

Update: Case counts continue to fall, down to a rolling 7-day average of 709 (it was 840 just 6 days ago). Hospitalizations because of or with Covid have fallen under 1,000 for the first time in 11 months. Deaths also continue to drop, to the lowest levels since March 2020. All good news that I feel doesn't get shared enough.

Thank God we had a non existent flu season...We really dodged a bullet. Can you imagine Covid AND a bad flu?
tenor.gif

Update: Case counts continue to fall, down to a rolling 7-day average of 709 (it was 840 just 6 days ago). Hospitalizations because of or with Covid have fallen under 1,000 for the first time in 11 months. Deaths also continue to drop, to the lowest levels since March 2020. All good news that I feel doesn't get shared enough.
Mercilessly pounding people with one sided "news" when they know it is wrongly presented is a moral crime. They have ruined people's lives and inflicted damage it will probably take years to undo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT