ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note A look into the mind of Jared Curtis

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021

Radi spoke with Georgia's 2026 quarterback commit at the Under Armour camp in Nashville yesterday.

We have a full story on Curtis coming soon. But before then, here's a neat look into his thought process.

Radi asked Curtis to lay out his first three plays he's calling if he was starting against Clemson this fall:

First play: "I’m going to go RPO, outside skinny post, and then inside 10-yard out. Backside, I’m going to go 2x2, backside I’m going to have a comeback and a cross.... "I’m going to go down to the corner. If the corner bails, I’m going to hit the 10-yard out. Look at the safeties. If it’s open field, I’ll probably hit the post somewhere. Third option would probably be the shallow comeback."

On the next two plays: "Probably just a little run, like 24 back or something like that. Third play, I would probably go back to a pass, something short because, I don’t really know. Probably would have scored on the first play."

What if you're in a third and 1?

"I’m going to say quick little speed out to the slot receiver. I’m going to put the outside receiver on a slant. If it’s man, then I know the little speed out’s going to be open. If it’s zone, I’ll probably hit the slant in the second window."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News