ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg A VERY ND shot in the dark: looking for a referral to the right kind of attorney (and don't know what kind that might be) -- re: Cardona v. Sweet

UGADawgGuy

a.k.a. 00 Dawg
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Johns Creek, Georgia
Hopefully this doesn't elicit political responses -- feel free to impugn my decision-making, but please withhold the political commentary long enough for people to read this. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction without the thread getting nuked.

I am one of the many thousands of people for whom the recently announced Cardona v. Sweet settlement (for-profit universities/predatory student lending) could be a life-changing miracle. One of the doctoral programs I attended 20 years ago (but didn't complete, due to the school's shady practices) is on the list covered under that settlement, and I took out sizeable student loans while I was there.

But I'm not 100% certain (1) whether I have taken the appropriate steps to ensure that I am included in the class or (2) what else I might need to do to make sure my case is properly reviewed and designated.

The impact of that settlement, for me, would be substantial enough to make it worth paying a lawyer who fully understands the case and can help walk me through what I should or shouldn't do right now. Ideally, retaining an attorney won't be necessary, but I think I may need trained eyes to review my case and potentially help me to advocate for myself.

If you know of someone who could fit that bill, please DM me. This feels fairly urgent, and I'd like to talk with someone about it as soon as possible.

Thanks as always.

-- 00 Dawg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.