ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE After Zayden Walker's commitment today, I just had a convo with LB target Tavion Wallace...

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
... And it's a good one.

Wallace will be in town for his official visit this weekend, and he couldn't be more excited. Since I went and saw Wallace three weeks ago (while Glenn Schumann was there at the same time), he said Georgia is the team that texts him constantly. Every day. Non-stop. Georgia has turned up the pressure on the four-star linebacker. Schumann and Kirby Smart don't want to lose Wallace to the team they beat 63-3 in the Orange Bowl.

Wallace told me that day that he wants to see consistency in the schools he's taking official visits to, and Georgia is the program that's been hitting him up the most. He can't wait to further develop those relationships on his official visit this weekend. He mentioned that Elyiss Williams, Ryan Montgomery, and other Bulldog commits hit him up as much as the coaches. Georgia wants his commitment badly. Like "really bad."

As far as Walker committing today, Wallace isn't scared of competition. He doesn't care that Georgia already has two other linebackers currently committed. Wallace embraces the competition. "I am going to have to compete with others at my position on any level I play at, so I'm not going to shy away from it," Wallace said. Wallace and Walker have talked before, and he can envision both of them starting opposite of each other one day. "If that were to happen, we'd be the face of the SEC," Wallace said. Wallace also moved up his commitment date by two weeks so his sister could be there. He was initially supposed to commit on July 15 but moved it to July 2 because his sister leaves for the military the next week. He set the record straight. He said FSU is the only other school really in the mix, but the Noles aren't pressing as hard as Georgia is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News