ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg American Homeshield Warranty

acdawg10

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2008
Good morning Dawgs,

We are closing on a house in two weeks and we are curious how much American Homeshield Warranty would be for a year? We are looking at coverage for heating/air, electrical, plumbing and washer/dryer.

Thanks Dawgs!

Not 100% sure on American Home Shield, but I work in real estate and most home warranty companies charge between $550 and $700 per year depending on the coverage. If the house is over 5k square feet, the price of the warranty jumps to above $1000. Are you using a RE agent for the purchase? If so, he or she will likely be able to provide you with a more accurate figure based on the area that you're purchasing in and the size of the property.

Good morning Dawgs,

We are closing on a house in two weeks and we are curious how much American Homeshield Warranty would be for a year? We are looking at coverage for heating/air, electrical, plumbing and washer/dryer.

Thanks Dawgs!

They will do everything they can to deny any claim you make if you need it....I'd pass.

They will do everything they can to deny any claim you make if you need it....I'd pass.
^ This. I can almost guarantee that if something breaks, American Homeshield will never fix it or replace it for you.

Not joking - save the would-be payments until you need it.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
When we moved to NC our home came with a 1 year AHS warranty. We subsequently had an electrical problem that had to deal with some generator switchgear. We paid the quoted deductible ($50 or $75) and the rest was covered by AHS. It was all very simple to handle. Because of that experience we considered getting another AHS warranty from time to time but we never have. Just thought I would let you know how they handled us. BTW, you can negotiate the same when purchasing your house. Our agent said it was pretty routine and accepted.

When we moved to NC our home came with a 1 year AHS warranty. We subsequently had an electrical problem that had to deal with some generator switchgear. We paid the quoted deductible ($50 or $75) and the rest was covered by AHS. It was all very simple to handle. Because of that experience we considered getting another AHS warranty from time to time but we never have. Just thought I would let you know how they handled us. BTW, you can negotiate the same when purchasing your house. Our agent said it was pretty routine and accepted.
Just a caution to the buyer, good luck negotiating anything right now. Sellers don’t have to budge on anything right now.

Avoid American Homeshield like the plague. Horrific company with piss poor customer service.

Save the payments and let them accumulate in an account for when something breaks in your home.
Exactly what I was getting ready to type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT