ADVERTISEMENT

analyzing the turnovers and discussing what happened

dawgs72197

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2018
First off I’d like to say this is my interpretation of how these plays unfolded. If you disagree that’s cool.

1st INT- Beck checks into a screen, saw they were bringing 7 guys. Arian Smith decides to run a go route instead of a 1 yard dig and in for the screen and the ball gets intercepted. (A.Smith fault)

2nd INT- Beck try’s to force it over the middle, ball had no air under it and it goes directly to the LB. He didn’t see the field well on that play and could have gone to a couple of other options. (Beck fault)

Fumble- Beck managed the pocket pretty well all night gaining 5-10 yards sometimes on scrambles, but got chased down and didn’t protect the ball and it was a costly fumble. (Beck Fault)

3rd INT- Desperation mode. Perfect play call to go to your biggest and Tallest WR for a fade jump ball with one on one coverage. A combination of C. Young not coming back fighting for the ball and Beck under throwing it. (Both at fault imo) but also a good play by Bama CB. We had thrown that deep ball 20 times by that time.

With that being said, 15 missed tackles on defense. Did a terrible job containing the edge in the first half, and a secondary that played the deep ball poorly a couple times. It’s hard to win any game when those things happen. But ALL of them are fixable.

I am really looking forward to Auburn next week. A lot of progress to be made. Especially on defense imo.

And I know, where is the blame on bobo!!!

He too could have called a better game imo. But being down big really changes things and I think he managed the comeback well.

Discuss!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.