ADVERTISEMENT

Any lawyers on here wanting

brgodawgs

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
to make a few bucks from Publix?

I’m reaching out to see if any of you guys would be interested in representing
me in a no mask law suit. I’m not sick. But according to the largest grocery chain here in the east coast, it’s the law. The Publix employees were harassing me while trying to shop for food. I have a disability.

to make a few bucks from Publix?

I’m reaching out to see if any of you guys would be interested in representing
me in a no mask law suit. I’m not sick. But according to the largest grocery chain here in the east coast, it’s the law. The Publix employees were harassing me while trying to shop for food. I have a disability.
May want to shoot an email to ACLJ. They do pro bono work on a lot of cases but not sure if this is in their wheelhouse.

From the ADA....

I write accommodations basely primarily on student and parent input, so for her it would look like:
Domain of classroom functioning and access, student requires access to classroom as reasonable accommodation for preexisting condition without mask, as it impedes basic function of visual aid supports for student’s primary exceptionality. Reasonable accommodation should include student access to shared spaces in a safe and non-discriminatory manner based on functional ability supports.

They are a private company and can enforce their mask rule. If you have a written statement from your doctor that exempts you from wearing a mask, did you present that to them? They also have other options that they will give you for shopping, such as online, curbside pickup, etc.

They are a private company and can enforce their mask rule. If you have a written statement from your doctor that exempts you from wearing a mask, did you present that to them? They also have other options that they will give you for shopping, such as online, curbside pickup, etc.

Agreed. The recourse to legal proceedings is sort of odd when there are so many alternatives, not just via Publix itself, but given the wealth of competitors to choose from, up to and including Chat favorite Bezos' Amazon.

https://www.publix.com/shop-online

Reactions: Bwgiddens
Nice try, but the law doesn't work that way.
A couple things you don't understand about the ADA. It is against federal law to ask someone about their handicap. Also, your business is required to accommodate people with a handicap so they can have complete access just like anyone else. In fact, even if you aren't open to the public and have no handicap employees, you must make the same accommodations. Publix is not exempt from this federal law because of some local tyrant makes some proclamation. Mask laws are not laws. Laws are made by legislature not just pronouncements.

A couple things you don't understand about the ADA. It is against federal law to ask someone about their handicap. Also, your business is required to accommodate people with a handicap so they can have complete access just like anyone else. In fact, even if you aren't open to the public and have no handicap employees, you must make the same accommodations. Publix is not exempt from this federal law because of some local tyrant makes some proclamation. Mask laws are not laws. Laws are made by legislature not just pronouncements.
1- Did I say anything about anyone asking about a handicap? Nope. I asked if this person showed a documentation from their doctor.
2- the business offers several different alternatives for shopping at their establishment, including, but not limited to, online shopping and curbside pickup.
3- A private business, such as Publix, can enforce their own mask policy, even to those with disabilities, as long as they have alternative ways of accommodating those shoppers, which they do.
4- As long as the policy applies to everyone equally, which this does, it does not violate any discrimination laws.
5- “Nice try”

Last edited:
It is not against any law to ask a person what their disability is so long as that info is not used to discriminate. There is no HIPPA requirement. All ADA requires is a "reasonable accommodation" and Publix certainly fulfills that. Publix is NOT required to provide "full access" to their store as "anyone else." Again, only a "reasonable accommodation" is the actual law. Publix CAN enforce a corporate policy to require masks be worn on their premises. That is perfectly legal and is in no shape or form tyrannical. I'd love to hear what the disability is for this mystery person in the OP.

Let me guess: you didn't wear a mask when you stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

Let me guess: you didn't wear a mask when you stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.
There it is. Lefties know what’s coming. I guess in a few weeks Biden will suddenly develop a medical issue and they’ll try to draft Moochelle. But, that actually may be worse. They’re punting until 2024, but Nikki will whip your asses.

Reactions: dogstud
There it is. Lefties know what’s coming. I guess in a few weeks Biden will suddenly develop a medical issue and they’ll try to draft Moochelle. But, that actually may be worse. They’re punting until 2024, but Nikki will whip your asses.

how drunk are you? because you seem pretty drunk.

Reactions: Bwgiddens
whatever, dude. get a life.
Just ignore her. She is trying to distract from her friends being so astronomically incorrect, so she comes and tries to change the subject and make outrageous claims.

To get the thread back on track, OP does not have a case.

Reactions: celticdawg
Lol, great post bud!

ADVERTISEMENT