ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Any mechanics on the board?

the_dawgi_lama

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
Hoping someone can give me an idea of what is going on with my daughter’s car. It’s making a clicking/popping sound when braking and as you can see on linked video, it makes a clunk/crunch when making a left turn over bump into our driveway. Had brakes checked at Mavis this morning and taking it to mechanic tomorrow.

Hoping someone can give me an idea of what is going on with my daughter’s car. It’s making a clicking/popping sound when braking and as you can see on linked video, it makes a clunk/crunch when making a left turn over bump into our driveway. Had brakes checked at Mavis this morning and taking it to mechanic tomorrow.

Not a mechanic but maybe the CV joints or ball joints? What kind of car is it?

Second stray, sounds like cv joint, my sons car had that issue, sounded like a grinding when he would turn sharply. The CV joint will also pop and click.

Second stray, sounds like cv joint, my sons car had that issue, sounded like a grinding when he would turn sharply. The CV joint will also pop and click.

I guess I will find out tomorrow - it’s not doing anything when moving in the absence of braking - and not doing so when turning in the absence of a bump. Mavis mentioned that the axel looked fine but if I am honest, they didn’t give me a lot of confidence. Thanks to the both of you for your feedback

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT