ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Any numbers from people catching the Covid on a plane?

I just flew to Colorado and the plane was super packed! If I catch it then it’s my own fault. Didn’t realize planes were still booking the same numbers of flyers.
They are not. Many fewer flights.

My nephew was on his way from the Shreveport MEPS center, to San Antonio caught it via the flight. Then again, several of the recruits were on the same flight and all have been quarantined at Lackland AFB. His tests came back positive on Saturday, so he will have 10 more days of quarantine. But on the positive side, he has zero symptoms.

Cannot remember. I guess I will just wait til football starts back up.

Lol. Which will come first your vacation or football.

If you need a break I wouldn’t hold my breath for football. We drove to the beach and rented a place away from the crowded public beach entrances. Worked out great. Mountains are great too. Will do that next. Flying? I’m not ready to get on a plane, and I normally fly constantly for work and leisure.

I’m hoping it’s relatively safe. I’m rolling the dice in a couple weeks, meeting my SoCal cousin who’s on a 6 week RV venture through the NW states. I’m flying to Spokane to meet up with him, will join him for 9 days while he’s in Coeur d’Alene, ID and Glacier National Park, MT.... places I’ve not seen but always wanted to. I could tell air travel isn’t booming yet, was able to book on Delta with minimal SkyMiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: CalienteDawg
I need a vacation.
Fam just got back from the beach. We took 4 total flights. They were all sold out, everyone wore a mask, and we felt perfectly safe.

no food and drink service so everyone kept their masks on the whole time.

got tested 5 days after we got back and all were negative.

go have fun - just use common sense

I just flew to Colorado and the plane was super packed! If I catch it then it’s my own fault. Didn’t realize planes were still booking the same numbers of flyers.

Impossible on Delta. Masks required

Delta is the only mainline carrier to continue to not sell the middle seat. They are banking on being perceived as the “safe” airline and are willing to lose 20% of revenue per flight as they think it will build loyalty in a post-pandemic world. And they’re probably right.

Delta and SW are NOT. American and United are booking to capacity.Air is recirculated thruout the plane,so passenger #s are moot. C 19 has mutated and become more contagious. Flying now,AIN'T good.

Delta and SW are NOT. American and United are booking to capacity.Air is recirculated thruout the plane,so passenger #s are moot. C 19 has mutated and become more contagious. Flying now,AIN'T good.

Just to clarify, Delta is actually using a new state of the art air filtering system that has been confirmed by Emory to make the air you breathe on the a/c cleaner than the air you breathe outside. Delta is also using a "Lysol" type disinfectant between all flights to give you the cleanest cabin possible. Along with creating as much space between passengers as possible by eliminating the middle seat and capping Coach Class at 60% and First Class at 50% capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT