ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone really surprised that a gun was turned on looters / rioters?

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
My only surprise is that it hasn't happened sooner. I'm not sure what led to the altercation but it seems that the gunman was walking / running away from the crowd. Not smart to run up behind a man with a gun and sucker punch him to the ground. The longer this goes on the more embolden that those breaking the law will become. I hate that lives were lost but I hope it will be an eye opener that this has to stop.

My only surprise is that it hasn't happened sooner. I'm not sure what led to the altercation but it seems that the gunman was walking / running away from the crowd. Not smart to run up behind a man with a gun and sucker punch him to the ground. The longer this goes on the more embolden that those breaking the law will become. I hate that lives were lost but I hope it will be an eye opener that this has to stop.
We don't know anything about the shooter. But to your point, when private citizens don't feel they can count on the government to protect them while simply innocently earning a living, they are gonna try to do it themselves. And you'll see a lot more of this.

We don't know the facts on these shootings yet. Were they defending their property ? did they murder protesters ? we don't know yet. I do know this is the second time we've seen heavily armed militias in Wisconsin, that is a troubling escalation that should concern every citizen, but of course the far right will applaud it.

true. Maybe the president should get on tv and remind everyone we are one nation and to plea for calm. Oh yeah, he won’t do that. When the looting starts the shooting starts!

We don't know the facts on these shootings yet. Were they defending their property ? did they murder protesters ? we don't know yet. I do know this is the second time we've seen heavily armed militias in Wisconsin, that is a troubling escalation that should concern every citizen, but of course the far right will applaud it.
applaud it? Hell no. But what choice do they have if they can't count on the powers that be to defend their right to live as an American and protect their property? This is a direct result of there being no consequence whatsoever to those who are looting and burning shit. No bail. No criminal charges.

true. Maybe the president should get on tv and remind everyone we are one nation and to plea for calm. Oh yeah, he won’t do that. When the looting starts the shooting starts!
548b0c7af7f5f388fcd0220a86701bfd.gif

No, we do not know the facts, but I believe this much: If these people were just protesters instead of stealers of property, destroyers of lives and property, and vandals, there would be no guns. I don't give a rat's ass what happens to them.

So I guess it was better when rioters were free to burn businesses down without any resistance? Don’t riot and you won’t get shot. That’s an easy equation. Also, if the governor of Wisconsin would order the national guard to stop the rioting the citizens wouldn’t feel the need to rely on militias to put an end to it.

So I guess it was better when rioters were free to burn businesses down without any resistance? Don’t riot and you won’t get shot. That’s an easy equation. Also, if the governor of Wisconsin would order the national guard to stop the rioting the citizens wouldn’t feel the need to rely on militias to put an end to it.

right! Heaven forbid that law abiding citizens start standing up for them selves. Gunman was attacked and was fleeing. He was defending his life, which he has a right to, for now atleast.

applaud it? Hell no. But what choice do they have if they can't count on the powers that be to defend their right to live as an American and protect their property? This is a direct result of there being no consequence whatsoever to those who are looting and burning shit. No bail. No criminal charges.

We saw what amounted to a heavily armed militia take over a courthouse in Wisconsin to protest the mandate to wear masks. This is something more troubling than just a few businessmen protecting their property.

We saw what amounted to a heavily armed militia take over a courthouse in Wisconsin to protest the mandate to wear masks. This is something more troubling than just a few businessmen protecting their property.
I think it was protesting the shutdown in general, but to your point, bringing guns to that was just stupid. Keeping your home or business from being burned to the ground by a bunch of thugs? Different story.

Step 1 in this case is to call the cops and have them protect your home / business and arrest those responsible, who would then be charged with a crime with bail required and real consequences if convicted.

The problem is that leaders are not enforcing the law. And in that case, who could blame someone for protecting their livelihood?

This goes beyond being wrong. It is explicitly and intentionally un-American. We are supposed to have protection under the law. We aren't getting it in certain places. Because it goes against an entire political party's narrative. I don't care whether you like Trump or not - that is so eff'd up.

I think it was protesting the shutdown in general, but to your point, bringing guns to that was just stupid. Keeping your home or business from being burned to the ground by a bunch of thugs? Different story.

Step 1 in this case is to call the cops and have them protect your home / business and arrest those responsible, who would then be charged with a crime with bail required and real consequences if convicted.

The problem is that leaders are not enforcing the law. And in that case, who could blame someone for protecting their livelihood?

This goes beyond being wrong. It is explicitly and intentionally un-American. We are supposed to have protection under the law. We aren't getting it in certain places. Because it goes against an entire political party's narrative. I don't care whether you like Trump or not - that is so eff'd up.

There is a still picture of a guy kicking a protester backward while another militia type is seen holding a semi automatic weapon. We didn't see this in the 1960s, it is very troubling to me when you put it in context to what has been happening in this country over the past 12 years. We have Qanon, we had large numbers of people who thought Obama was planning to invade Texas, the madness is real and growing.

When police are ordered to stand down & governors dont protect their citizens, what are you supposed to do?

This is all squarely on the local/state leadership in all of these instances. It isnt the “far right” causing this & it isn’t the “far right” applauding this.

I want to know why I never hear than an "intensive manhunt" is under way for a gang banger(s) spraying bullets into a crowd and it kills innocent children. I have read that the good people in the community will often have small peaceful protests for them that get zero media coverage.

Interesting how so few (if any) on the Left make a similar statement when it comes to the police.

Yeah armed millitias kinda like in CHAZ zones, huh?

Link to this story? Shocked it took so long for this to happen of true.

I am going to ignore you so don’t care what you say in response but....

you can’t compare that Wisconsin protest against the lockdown to what your comrades have done across the country.

actually, even if one of those lockdown protestors shot someone, it would still not compare. Thanks for playing. Your views are a joke.

There is a still picture of a guy kicking a protester backward while another militia type is seen holding a semi automatic weapon. We didn't see this in the 1960s, it is very troubling to me when you put it in context to what has been happening in this country over the past 12 years. We have Qanon, we had large numbers of people who thought Obama was planning to invade Texas, the madness is real and growing.
giphy.gif

A teen has been arrested for these murders. A video has been released showing he just ran down the street shooting people.
Why are you people so messed up ? Is it really that tough to go through life as a white person ? I haven't found it so burdensome.

Reactions: celticdawg
I am going to ignore you so don’t care what you say in response but....

you can’t compare that Wisconsin protest against the lockdown to what your comrades have done across the country.

actually, even if one of those lockdown protestors shot someone, it would still not compare. Thanks for playing. Your views are a joke.

Yet again you far right wing nuts have been exposed, this was a crazy teen committing cold blooded murder.

Generally a bad idea to attack someone wielding an AR style rifle with a skateboard. What an idiot
Well, walking around in public with a loaded gun in a highly charged environment just got this guy life in prison for murdering 2 people. You can't incite violence and then claim self defense. This dude killed 2 people and badly wounded another. Wasn't protecting his property. And, I am very pro-2A. And I am very much for defending one's property and life.

This is a good idea to obey curfews. If the looters/protestors had not been on the street, this never would have happened. People are just sick of these nightly protests that don't do a bit of good - they just destroy property and enflame the opposition.

Well, walking around in public with a loaded gun in a highly charged environment just got this guy life in prison for murdering 2 people. You can't incite violence and then claim self defense. This dude killed 2 people and badly wounded another. Wasn't protecting his property. And, I am very pro-2A. And I am very much for defending one's property and life.
Was unaware I said differently. I said it was a dumb idea to run up and hit a guy holding a gun.
Generally if you are unarmed... you don't go provoking a gunman to shoot at you

You call these people protesters? Those people were freaking terrorizing and burning a community! Protesters my A$$

Reactions: MaconDawg67
Does reacting to someone swinging a skateboard at your head qualify as defending one's life? And he was within his rights walking in public with a loaded rife. Not necessarily smart, but within his rights. The lunatic NFAC and white supremacists have made that abundantly clear. If the guy had been in his car, Castle Doctrine would apply in many states including Georgia. Don't know about Wisconsin. And how do you know he will get life, or even be found guilty by a Kenosha jury?

Reactions: MaconDawg67
Ricky Bobbie, after a long night of pounding Zimas down in Granny's basement and munching on alfalfa sprouts and bon bons, go pedal your 30 year old rusty huffy down to the nearest bridge and

Does reacting to someone swinging a skateboard at your head qualify as defending one's life? And he was within his rights walking in public with a loaded rife. Not necessarily smart, but within his rights. The lunatic NFAC and white supremacists have made that abundantly clear. If the guy had been in his car, Castle Doctrine would apply in many states including Georgia. Don't know about Wisconsin. And how do you know he will get life, or even be found guilty by a Kenosha jury?
We are still getting the facts, but what I've read is that he was walking around, got into a fight, shot a guy in the head. Was chased and shot 2 others - the video is available for that. Yes, you are allowed to open carry. You aren't allowed to incite violence, then use the gun in self-defense to murder people. It appears that is what he did and why he has been charged with with intentional homicide. As you point out, in your car, store, home, you can defend.

We are still getting the facts, but what I've read is that he was walking around, got into a fight, shot a guy in the head. Was chased and shot 2 others - the video is available for that. Yes, you are allowed to open carry. You aren't allowed to incite violence, then use the gun in self-defense to murder people. It appears that is what he did and why he has been charged with with intentional homicide. As you point out, in your car, store, home, you can defend.
Yeah, I think they had to charge him, but it won’t surprise me to see a local jury acquit him. I think he was monumentally stupid to be walking around a riot with an AR. Defending property is different. I just believe there will be a lot of local sympathy toward him from the people who have had their town wrecked. Hard to get a unanimous jury, I imagine. Jury could split on race lines; it happens.

He travelled from IL, not a WI native, so that blows up the "defending his property" narrative. At seventeen, he was carrying the AR illegally. There are also reports that his social media history includes misogynistic and racist comments but I haven't seen that from a solid source yet.

There is no excuse for violent and destructive protests and I don't support that under any circumstances. BUT, this kid getting a free pass from the police to walk around a highly charged situation with an AR ended up in tragedy for at least three families, one of those most definitely including the family of the shooter. If the video and reports are accurate that the police interacted with this kid before the shooting ans then let him flee without even questioning him, they are going to take a hit and they should.

Would they listen? Not a chance, they are rationalizing why they are acting the way they are. Nothing will stop this until people are truly held accountable for their actions.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
If it's self-defense, how can it be murder? You literally wrote "then use the gun in self-defense to murder people." I am no lawyer, but I don't get that line of thinking.

After reading the latest accounts and watching the videos, I think he has a worse problem with the first guy he shot than with the subsequent two. We’ll see as it unfolds.

ADVERTISEMENT