ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Arsenal’s Declan Rice Double yellow.

wstugamd

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2006
Forgive me for posting on opening day.

All jacked up. Watching my other team the Gunners work this morning. Anyone else watch?

Declan’s 1st yellow soft yellow. Questionable on replay. Late? Yes. Not viscous or egregious. Studs down. Barely nicked him. If the Brighton player dribbles it’s a good tackle. I can see why yellow was shown. I agreed until I saw replay. Soft yellow imo.

The 2nd yellow. WTF? Walking away. I get it. It was gamesmanship delaying starting replay, but it happens 10 times a game. Brighton booted an ob ball way into the stands. No yellow. How do you give Rice a yellow? He would have done better to stand facing the ball until the ref told him to move. Probably doesn’t get carded. I understand the rules, but they aren’t enforced. If you’re going to change mid game and start carding for that a warning, which how many times do guys on a yellow get the that’s it not again speech from the ref, you got to pull him over and say enough.

Ref took the game into his hands. Yeah it’s 1 game, but 2 points was the difference between 2nd and champions last year. Unbelievable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.