ADVERTISEMENT

As a SAD georgia pro sports fan (minus braves not sad there)...do you sometimes watch and root for other teams in playoffs?

dawgkc

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I do and I don't gamble, but I tend to make a team my defacto second favorite because hawks and falcons often aren't in playoffs or are out fast. I don't mean buy paraphernalia or anything extreme, just rooting for a type of involvement.

Do you continue to watch playoffs when your team isn't involved or do you shut it down?

If you do watch, how do you pick your "replacement" team?

I tend to vary. Sometimes it is because I am just supporting a team because I HATE their opponent(definitely case with college sports). Sometimes there is a particular athlete I like. Sometimes that is based on their play, personality or legacy situation and sometimes because they were once a dawg.
Sometimes I just like a certain style of play.
Sometimes it is because I have friends or family who support a team that rarely wins and this is possibly their year, so i root for them in hopes my friends/family get that excitement. I know before we won our first natty in 40 yrs LOTS of non dawg friendss congratulated me and said they were thinking of me and rooting for the dawgs. Did not happen on secone one lol.

And sometimes i root for underdogs just because it is more interesting. I typically do not root for teams that win championships or are oversaturated in the sport. Screw the yankees, and Dallas for example.

Just thought this could be an interesting topic.

Heading into nfl playoffs I am thinking philly will be my overall team because of all the dawgs. Is there a better team to root for in your opinion? If so, why?
If chubb were healthy would be the browns. In general afc i guess KC because my son in law is from there and a huge fan. But low key ive liked pittsburgh since hines was there now they got pickens.

Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News