ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg As if breaking her back in that fall weren't enough...

UgaTom

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
She's getting killed in some quarters for things she apparently tweeted nearly ten years ago. On the one hand, even at age 18/19, WTH was she thinking tweeting (and never deleting) things she should have known could be problematic. On the other hand, WTH did someone feel the need to dig through the social media of someone who entered the public eye due to an unfortunate accident?

She's getting killed in some quarters for things she apparently tweeted nearly ten years ago. On the one hand, even at age 18/19, WTH was she thinking tweeting (and never deleting) things she should have known could be problematic. On the other hand, WTH did someone feel the need to dig through the social media of someone who entered the public eye due to an unfortunate accident?
Well after meeting Stafford, sounds like her next meeting should be with Josh Allen about how do you move past dumb tweets from your teenage years.

Reactions: Utley1992
because people suck...

Reactions: hotdawg92
This whole thing is just ridiculous
Yep. I'm sorry the woman got hurt. But the people who demonized Stafford as if he caused the injury or as if he should have jumped down there and laid hands on her to heal her kill me. Now the woman said something years ago that she probably shouldn't have? Who hasn't? Social media will be the death of our society.

Yep. I'm sorry the woman got hurt. But the people who demonized Stafford as if he caused the injury or as if he should have jumped down there and laid hands on her to heal her kill me. Now the woman said something years ago that she probably shouldn't have? Who hasn't? Social media will be the death of our society.
Like, what she said was shitty, but who goes looking for this stuff? This whole thing has just been driven by people with a blood lust for outrage

Like, what she said was shitty, but who goes looking for this stuff? This whole thing has just been driven by people with a blood lust for outrage
People can't leave well enough alone. They have to be stirring shit up simply to keep shit stirred up.

Reactions: policy dog
People can't leave well enough alone. They have to be stirring shit up simply to keep shit stirred up.
How in the world are we demonizing those that found her racist tweets?

The obvious person to bash is the openly racist chick that is consistent in hating everyone but her race.

But we need to "leave well enough alone??????"

Reactions: godawgies92
giphy.gif

The obvious person to bash is the openly racist chick that is consistent in hating everyone but her race.

Good god. Give her a break. She didn’t know x many years ago to say “smelled like cumin and smoked paprika vs Mexican. Wtf is the big deal. Some of you need to get the F over yourselves. Mexican food does have a distinct smell. Thin skinned humanity.

Reactions: Burger33

I'm not demonizing anyone. The question that I was replying to asked what people were doing digging back through her past to find something about her to complain about.

Hmmm, well I guess there’s a few angles to this. First, the tweets were from nearly a decade ago. At least the ones from this thread. So I think it’s a legit question to ask…who sits there and goes back through God only knows how many Tweets from nearly a decade ago? That’s weird. It’s not like the girl was running for president and people are paid to dig up dirt. It’s really sad actually.

Two, yeah the tweets were unacceptable and no one should talk like that.

Three, to act like a huge percentage of Twitter doesn’t engage on the platform almost the exact same way is incorrect.

Four, while I don’t condone what she said, is there is statute of limitations? How far back are we going to go on people? Does it matter that she was a kid/very young adult at the time? It seems to matter in so many other situations but not here. So much of our society these days looks to give people second and third and fourth chances unless…well, unless society deems they don’t get an extra chances. Let’s leave it at that.

Five, I’m ok with dragging her through the mud. But only if everyone, no matter their race or gender or whatever is held to account under the exact same standards.

Oooof. Can’t really defend that no matter how hard you try. Hope she has a quick road to recovery and this is a learning experience for her in regards to how precious life is.

Good god. Give her a break. She didn’t know x many years ago to say “smelled like cumin and smoked paprika vs Mexican. Wtf is the big deal. Some of you need to get the F over yourselves. Mexican food does have a distinct smell. Thin skinned humanity.
Did you read ALL of the tweets????

She gets no breaks. Not a break for being extremely racist nor a break for being extremely stupid to still have that on her social media.

Hmmm, well I guess there’s a few angles to this. First, the tweets were from nearly a decade ago. At least the ones from this thread. So I think it’s a legit question to ask…who sits there and goes back through God only knows how many Tweets from nearly a decade ago? That’s weird. It’s not like the girl was running for president and people are paid to dig up dirt. It’s really sad actually.

Two, yeah the tweets were unacceptable and no one should talk like that.

Three, to act like a huge percentage of Twitter doesn’t engage on the platform almost the exact same way is incorrect.

Four, while I don’t condone what she said, is there is statute of limitations? How far back are we going to go on people? Does it matter that she was a kid/very young adult at the time? It seems to matter in so many other situations but not here. So much of our society these days looks to give people second and third and fourth chances unless…well, unless society deems they don’t get an extra chances. Let’s leave it at that.

Five, I’m ok with dragging her through the mud. But only if everyone, no matter their race or gender or whatever is held to account under the exact same standards.
Yeah, I just can't wrap my mind around those whose first comments are about the people who looked at her Twitter history.

She's a bad person, definitely what she said was, but who sees a person break their spine and instantly thinks 'I should dig up dirt on her". I'm not defending her by any means, I just don't get why some people are so thirsty to create a villain, starting with the way Stafford reacted to it. The whole thing is just outrage for outrage sake

She's a bad person, definitely what she said was, but who sees a person break their spine and instantly thinks 'I should dig up dirt on her". I'm not defending her by any means, I just don't get why some people are so thirsty to create a villain, starting with the way Stafford reacted to it. The whole thing is just outrage for outrage sake
Stafford may have known about what she said and purposefully kicked her off the stage.

• Haha
Oooof. Can’t really defend that no matter how hard you try. Hope she has a quick road to recovery and this is a learning experience for her in regards to how precious life is.
You forgot the part about “doing the work” that all these corporatized apologies seem forced to include.

Yeah, I just can't wrap my mind around those whose first comments are about the people who looked at her Twitter history.
I can't wrap my mind around people who rush to be offended on behalf of others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT