ADVERTISEMENT

As the father of two United States Marines - I feel compelled to remark on this day

OneMoreDawg

Letterman and National Champion
May 29, 2001
To the military members who have served in Afghanistan - I am sorry ... To the soldiers (and families) injured in Afghanistan - I am sorry ... To the families and friends of a US military service member who gave the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan - I am sorry.

Sorry, that we have inept politicians that can't get their heads out of their asses... This is on EVERYONE who supported retreat from Afghanistan. Hell, do we even remember why we were there - those sumbiches attacked us! We brought global stability by being there ... Now, Biden has sealed the fate of Afghanistan and left for waste the sacrifices of US military service men and women.

Y'all get ready - terrorism is about to crank up again... you can't negotiate with a terrorist. Biden just revealed that negotiation is not necessary if you are an enemy of the United States - he is a passivist of the worst kind ... what a F'ing disgraceful shame.

Well i thought we were there because bin Laden was thought to be hiding there. Do you really want a forever war? We stayed about 16 years too long, anyway. And we trained their troops to fight, an obvious waste of our time.
I don't know your views - but mine are likely very different from yours. We have military presence throughout the world, with intent to present a security here at home, to keep the fight from reaching our shores... at least that is how our foreign policy should be applied.

If you don't agree with me, we are at an impasse that can not be bridged.

We’re too busy fighting fake systemic racism and deciding how many genders there are. We should’ve turned this thing over to either NATO or the UN. It’s a dangerous area that will export terrorism around the world, certainly to western nations.

The Russians made the same mistake and we paid much more in lives and injuries. Thank you for your sons and their service. You can never win with Afghan people. Bush made the mistake and all after did the same.. 65

The Russians made the same mistake and we paid much more in lives and injuries. Thank you for your sons and their service. You can never win with Afghan people. Bush made the mistake and all after did the same.. 65
Agreed. OP, thank you for the sacrifices your family and your friends have made.

Separately, I don't want to defend Bush/Cheney here, but I think we did need to go and to get out when we had the Taliban begging for mercy, which we did and might have done, but for that Admin's hubris and lust for war. Obama was too weak to resist the pressure to surge. etc. on and on... maybe someday we will better honor those who serve with a better philosophy of and approach to foreign entanglements.

I don't know your views - but mine are likely very different from yours. We have military presence throughout the world, with intent to present a security here at home, to keep the fight from reaching our shores... at least that is how our foreign policy should be applied.

Well we’d have to invade too many countries, Pakistani, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc, to actually implement what you are putting forth. Enough is enough.

The reason why we were there has been forgotten - but, we will soon be reminded I am afraid.

I understand the history of Afghanistan (Russians, Bush, etc), but that land had essentially become a police-state ... The ideology of the Taliban is evil - and no one will suffer any more than the people who live there ... to hell with that moronic ideology and the screwed-up religion that is at the root.

Well we’d have to invade too many countries, Pakistani, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc, to actually implement what you are putting forth. Enough is enough.
Regardless of your views on this the fact remains - WE WERE THERE! ... and, now we are NOT! ... This is a disgrace on the United States at a humanitarian level that can not be measured (our military sacrifices; the surviving residents of Afghanistan; the women of Afghanistan; and the now-waste of US $ as a result of walking away and leaving a vacuum)

A strong America is good for the world. That has been proven over and over again

To the military members who have served in Afghanistan - I am sorry ... To the soldiers (and families) injured in Afghanistan - I am sorry ... To the families and friends of a US military service member who gave the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan - I am sorry.

Sorry, that we have inept politicians that can't get their heads out of their asses... This is on EVERYONE who supported retreat from Afghanistan. Hell, do we even remember why we were there - those sumbiches attacked us! We brought global stability by being there ... Now, Biden has sealed the fate of Afghanistan and left for waste the sacrifices of US military service men and women.

Y'all get ready - terrorism is about to crank up again... you can't negotiate with a terrorist. Biden just revealed that negotiation is not necessary if you are an enemy of the United States - he is a passivist of the worst kind ... what a F'ing disgraceful shame.
As the father of a active dudy Air Force officer I am glad we are out. We could stay there another 20 years with the same result. If the Afgan government or any government can not form a reliable army then they will perish.

We can’t police the whole world. The military is trained to fight and destroy the enemy and get out after accomplishing their missions, not to occupy and police.

This will sound harsh, but that country is a bunch of savages. They don't deserve us. As I said earlier, let the dredges of the region flock there and bomb the living shit out of them from the air where they have no presence. Make the country a damn crater.

What good does it do to have so many troops around the world conducting "whack a mole" for our national security when the terrorists can just come across our open Southern border? Put those withdrawn US Afghan troops down there on the border to really protect the national security of our country.

Also I have never understood the "to honor those that died in Afghanistan", we should send more over their to die.....forever.

Last edited:
This will sound harsh, but that country is a bunch of savages. They don't deserve us. As I said earlier, let the dredges of the region flock there and bomb the living shit out of them from the air where they have no presence. Make the country a damn crater.
Wonder why these elites generals didn’t think when the taliban entered the embassy, send B52s to level the whole area and we evacuat the airport bomb it also! These are a bunch of cowards running this government.

Wonder why these elites generals didn’t think when the taliban entered the embassy, send B52s to level the whole area and we evacuat the airport bomb it also! These are a bunch of cowards running this government.
With our drone technology, I have never understood how long caravans of Toyota pickup trucks loaded up with Taliban, or ISIS, can travel down roads for miles and miles towards cities and towns to terrorize, and we just monitor them from our surveillance satellites, but don't remove these bastards from the face of the planet. Something is fishy about our inaction. It is almost like we don't want to remove too many of the bad guys.

With our drone technology, I have never understood how long caravans of Toyota pickup trucks loaded up with Taliban, or ISIS, can travel down roads for miles and miles towards cities and towns to terrorize, and we just monitor them from our surveillance satellites, but don't remove these bastards from the face of the planet. Something is fishy about our inaction. It is almost like we don't want to remove too many of the bad guys.
I think Biden and his advisers are Odumbo puppets and they love Iran and their surrogates ,which is Iraq and the Afghans.

To the OP, may God bless you and your family for the tremendous service you have given to our country.

However, this war was not winnable. The Afghan people are tribal, and have no allegiance to a central Afghan government. The Afghan armed forces simply would not fight.

At some point, we had to realize the circumstances involved in this fight, and leave the country.

Again, I cannot thank you and your family enough for your service.

The US should have been feared enough without the need for troops to evacuate US citizens. The problem is that alone does not protect us from harm. It used to.

The ManchurIan Canidate graduate (O Dumb Ass) calling the non action, damn miracle he allowed bin liden to be sniffed..we in a sorry state…

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The US should have been feared enough without the need for troops to evacuate US citizens. The problem is that alone does not protect us from harm. It used to.

giphy.gif

This has an odd way of keeping people in check.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT