ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Aside from Jon Voight as legendary coach Bud Kilmer in "Varsity Blues," who gave the most

Billy Zane

Master Thespian
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2017
ATL
accurate and riveting portrayal of a high school, college, or professional football coach in cinematic history?

I've been searching the innerwebs for the Bud Kilmer bronze statue movie prop to have for my own since about '04, but to no avail. If you have any leads, PM me.

Ea-pS7FWAAEOqLN.jpg:large

Not high school/college/pros, but come on man, it’s gotta be Walter Matthau circa 1976 coaching the Bad News Bears popping cold ones in the dugout while cussing at those mangy 12 year olds. Heart warming.

MV5BMjE1OTIxOTI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg5MTk4NA@@._V1_.jpg

“Dear lord, we pray that we may win this game today. We ask that you give us the strength and the courage to win our 2nd straight state championship. We ask lord that nobody on our side is seriously injured. We know that we are the best team. We ask that you allow us to win this game. The lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it, because that's what wins football games. Not jumping offsides like a bunch of wimps . Alright lift your heads boys, prayers over. I talked to god. I'm thru talking to god, now I'm talking to you. You're gonna be out there in front of your families, the student body, every girl you ever had a hard on for is gonna be out there today but you will not be going to no sock-hop tonight boys, you will not get no honey on your stinger if you don't go out there and bust your ass. Because this is it. This is the big one. I want you to taste it. I want you to smell it son. There's winners and there's nothing else. I don't give a st what those pinkos over in Russia say. You want to be a loser you go live in Russia. I'm not a loser. I'm a winner. I'm an American. Who wants to be John Wayne? Who wants to grab a root and hang on? Who wants to get a mean on? Get a mean on son. Let me see you get a mean on son. Now who wants it? I want to know, who wants this? Who wants to get”

This many replies and no mention of Norman Dale?

Edit: I will leave it up here as punishment. Just reread the OP. Sorry Zane. Tell Rose ‘sup. DeCaprio is a bitch.

accurate and riveting portrayal of a high school, college, or professional football coach in cinematic history?

I've been searching the innerwebs for the Bud Kilmer bronze statue movie prop to have for my own since about '04, but to no avail. If you have any leads, PM me.

giphy.gif

You have just given me a new purpose in life. Moving forward my goal is to locate this statue for you.

James Caan, Coach Winters, The Program.

Regent Chairman : This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
Coach Winters : Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Even though it was a small part, the head coach in Dazed and Confused was pretty spot on.

Reactions: Billy Zane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT