ADVERTISEMENT

At the game - gotta admit that

Milkbone_Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2005
I’m disappointed in how we’re playing at this point. Given Creens pedigree and we seem to have a strong coaching staff, would’ve expected us to be MUCH further along by now - especially given the athletes we have.

We’re at our best when we’re slashing and cutting to the rim - we do a nice job of making the extra pass when we can break down the defense.

We are athletic which is a nice change

defense looks better - still a huge question mark on why we switch on defense so readily and predictably. A good coach will be able to exploit that. Crean wants to run and gun and shoot 3’s but we have 2 coaches on staff who are very defensive minded - really hope this emerges as a strength by years end We’ll need it bc

we can’t shoot a lick on offense. All a team has to do is zone us and we’re done if Edwards isn’t filling it up.

Hammond’s has got to be the most passive player I’ve ever seen wear the G. He has all the ability in the world and doesn’t make any use of it. Doesn’t use his body, not aggressive and generally looks like he’d be content to be on the bench. Reaches for the ball instead of boxing out - tentative. Clearly doesn’t like contact and physical play - only problem is that’s the body type he had He’d rather have a finesse game I think.

I accept it that we like to run sets instead of plays but this team clearly is struggling with that during 5-8’ stretches. I think we’d benefit from specific plays being called to get us organized and get us going at times. Maybe more of a hybrid offense would help?

definitely a much better team wifh wheeler on the floor. He needs to start and Crump needs to sit.

need a big man thats physical and likes contact.

Camara can be really good

I’d start Harris over Gresham

We’re very much a work in progress and it’s gonna be a rough road this season after this game. I’m afraid we’re going to struggle to win conf games this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News