ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Bammer

Who could have predicted this would happen?* But they need those tuition checks to clear before sending them home so they had to do the old college one try.

*literally everyone.
No doubt, but they gave the students and parents what they were asking for by reopening for live instruction. Apparently neither parents nor students thought they had any responsibility for making it work. Sorry, but I have to place some of the blame on them.

Had a buddy who's dad was grabbing a test in Athens and said there was a huge line of frat kids waiting to get tested. It's coming to Athens soon as well.

Reactions: ephesiandawg
Of course it is. It’s going to happen at every school. The LAST thing they should do is send these kids home to spread it to vulnerable people back home. Stay at school and let it work it’s way out. Same thing happened in summer school with less students.

No doubt, but they gave the students and parents what they were asking for by reopening for live instruction. Apparently neither parents nor students thought they had any responsibility for making it work. Sorry, but I have to place some of the blame on them.

sure. But if anyone is banking on college kids to do the heavy lifting they’re destined for failure.

Had a buddy who's dad was grabbing a test in Athens and said there was a huge line of frat kids waiting to get tested. It's coming to Athens soon as well.
I'm sure he knew they were all frat kids:rolleyes:

sure. But if anyone is banking on college kids to do the heavy lifting they’re destined for failure.
For sure. But what I am saying is that is what parents either ignored or expected the university to take care of on its own. That or they simply blew off any concern that their kids would get it or spread it, in which case they are nonetheless culpable for expecting or demanding so little of their kids. Sad to say, but God help us when this current crop, for the most part, has to come to grips with reality.

At this point it seems the stupidity over this virus, and the useless shutdown orders, have been ingrained into peoples brains. There is tons of information about this disease, if your willing to look for it and read about it, that pretty much shows that all this hysteria is unwarranted. Some of the so called experts. and the media, have caused more harm to this country than Covid ever will.

At this point it seems the stupidity over this virus, and the useless shutdown orders, have been ingrained into peoples brains. There is tons of information about this disease, if your willing to look for it and read about it, that pretty much shows that all this hysteria is unwarranted. Some of the so called experts. and the media, have caused more harm to this country than Covid ever will.

More harm, well, I guess that depends on how much you value 170,000+ lives. I suppose the value if a life is higher when it’s someone you know who died just like the shut down blame is higher for those who have lost a job.

More harm, well, I guess that depends on how much you value 170,000+ lives. I suppose the value if a life is higher when it’s someone you know who died just like the shut down blame is higher for those who have lost a job.
Every lost life is tragic (I strongly disbelieve that the true number is 170K), but destroying the entire country over the fear of a < 1% chance of death is an overreaction. JMHO (and that of many Doctors around the world who do not fit the MSM narrative)

Of course it is. It’s going to happen at every school. The LAST thing they should do is send these kids home to spread it to vulnerable people back home. Stay at school and let it work it’s way out. Same thing happened in summer school with less students.
That takes too much common sense and doesn't instill enough fear and concern

If you truly believe the 170k+ are directly a result of COVID versus many of those "with" COVID, well.....

If you truly believe the 170k+ are directly a result of COVID versus many of those "with" COVID, well.....

There is a lot to argue about regarding Covid19, but the death toll is not one of them. The average death rate in this country is surprisingly consistent by season year over year. You can remove any bias in how mortality is coded by analyzing total deaths (any cause) above average. That number is quite close to the 170k attributed to Covid19. If anything, we are currently undercounting Covid deaths by something between 10k and 20k.

This is important because if we are going to make intelligent and reasoned choices about the best path forward, we need to understand the actual impact of our choices.

There is a lot to argue about regarding Covid19, but the death toll is not one of them. The average death rate in this country is surprisingly consistent by season year over year. You can remove any bias in how mortality is coded by analyzing total deaths (any cause) above average. That number is quite close to the 170k attributed to Covid19. If anything, we are currently undercounting Covid deaths by something between 10k and 20k.

This is important because if we are going to make intelligent and reasoned choices about the best path forward, we need to understand the actual impact of our choices.
We will agree to disagree as I have first hand experience where COVID was incorrectly documented as " the cause."

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Do you blame China?

UGA was smart. They collected that out of state tuition by starting classes. They are sending people home at thanksgiving to maximize profits.

I wish no one had died from this disease, that was unleashed by an evil regime, that lied to the world. But its obvious, at this point that the shut down did not stop the spread of the disease. And keeping schools closed is not going to help either. We know who the most venerable are, and thats who we should concentrate our efforts on protecting. But not to the detriment of our whole society. Going to school is just as safe as going to a protest, or having a die in, which teachers and professors seem to be fine with.

If you truly believe we are undercounting Covid deaths in this country, I feel sorry for you.

If you truly believe we are undercounting Covid deaths in this country, I feel sorry for you.

No one knows the actual number, but if can make your statement (and thereby not recognize differences in opinion), I feel sorry for you.

How do you feel about the 35,000 lives lost annually as a DIRECT result of drunk driving. A return to prohibition would greatly impact those deaths. Would you support a return to prohibition?

How do you feel about the 35,000 lives lost annually as a DIRECT result of drunk driving. A return to prohibition would greatly impact those deaths. Would you support a return to prohibition?

Well, first I’d blame the Chinese for inventing liquor. I mean we are helpless to make choices that would diminish the negative effects —much like the virus.

But, if there were laws mandating masks the way we mandate not driving drunk, I think we would be a lot better off.

There would still be problems , but not as many. Nobody is saying shut the country down because when we did, there were lazy, selfish and entitled people who
self-righteously flouted the rules, thus forgetting “freedom isn’t free” (as they say) and condemning us to these same old debates on a football board.

Last edited:
Well, first I’d blame the Chinese for investing liquor. I mean we are helpless to make choices that would diminish the negative effects —much like the virus.

But, if there were laws mandating masks the way we mandate not driving drunk, I think we would be a lot better off.

There would still be problems , but not as many. Nobody is saying shut the country down because when we did, there were lazy, selfish and entitled people who
self-righteously flouted the rules, thus forgetting “freedom isn’t free” (as they say) and condemning us to these same old debates on a football board.
You wrote a lot, but somehow forgot to answer the question asked of you:

returning to prohibition would drastically reduce deaths from drunk driving. Do you support a return to prohibition sine it could eliminate many of those deaths? Do those deaths matter as much to you as COVID deaths?

You wrote a lot, but somehow forgot to answer the question asked of you:

returning to prohibition would drastically reduce deaths from drunk driving. Do you support a return to prohibition sine it could eliminate many of those deaths? Do those deaths matter as much to you as COVID deaths?

Look at the last paragraph, we have laws that punish people for driving drunk, but ( like masks) it can only do so much. Would the number of deaths from DD deaths INCREASE if there were no fines, community service, etc.? Certainly.

Similarly, the number of C-19 cases would go DOWN (not instantly disappear) if masks were mandatory, especially with the real threat of a fine or a day of community service?

Again, prohibition isn’t equivalent to wearing masks. Having a law to require people to wear masks in public is equivalent in some ways to having laws against driving drunk. I don’t think masks are a “personal choice” any more than I think driving drunk should be left to a personal choice.

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer
Again with magic masks. Masks do the least for covid. Washing your hands and 6' or more distance is 100x more effective than masks. But maskers leave this out every dang time. Masks truly only should be worn if you have to be within 6' of people for more than 15 minutes, but all that went out the window because the maskers got on their high horse and for some reason didn't want to force people to wash their hands before entering a building, or force them to use hand sanitizer. There should be mandates for that, yet we get mandates for wearing a virtue signaling mask, as it does more for virtue signaling than stopping the covid spread.

If you are actually interested in better understanding excess mortality above average as a measure of Covid19 deaths, read this update from the the Financial Times (not exactly a liberal rag).

https://www.ft.com/content/a2901ce8-5eb7-4633-b89c-cbdf5b386938
I understand just fine. Average age of death from Covid is 80 years old. Average life expectancy for an American male is 78. The vast majority of those who have passed had comorbidities and most likely would have been dead some time this year anyway. Huge difference between dying with Covid and because of Covid.

I understand just fine. Average age of death from Covid is 80 years old. Average life expectancy for an American male is 78. The vast majority of those who have passed had comorbidities and most likely would have been dead some time this year anyway. Huge difference between dying with Covid and because of Covid.

Do you have a source for that average age of 80?

And for the fact that the majority would have died this year?

Well, first I’d blame the Chinese for inventing liquor. I mean we are helpless to make choices that would diminish the negative effects —much like the virus.

The people who went to work, and earned a living were the "lazy" ones?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT