ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Baseball recruiting

Ben Bachmann

Choppy
Staff
Sep 19, 2018
-First I’ll touch up on 2026 SS Keon Johnson who visited this weekend. Johnson has a top 5 of UGA, GT, UNC, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt. UGA has been the constant for the state of Georgia’s number 1 prospect in the 2026 class. He’s the number 6 player in the country according to perfect game. Michael Mullinex was the number 5 recruit in the country at this time two years ago and he’s on campus now. Johnson is very close with Tre Phelps and Bryce Clavon.

-OF Malachi Washington out of Parkview HS is another target for Georgia in the 2026 class. Washington ranks as the number 79 recruit in the nation per perfect game and was on campus this past January. Washington is expected to visit UGA more during his recruiting process. UGA is in a good spot battling Florida, Miami, Vanderbilt, and others. Washington is close with Keon Johnson.

-OF Wessley Roberson from East Cobb is another priority target for the Bulldogs. Roberson is the number 34 recruit in the nation per perfect game. Roberson is strongly considering UGA, LSU, and Texas A&M. I expect Roberson to visit campus soon with Georgia as a big player in his recruitment.

-On the pitching front I expect LHP RJ Cope the number 19 recruit in the 2026 class to be UGA’s top target. Cope is a 6’8 LHP already throwing 93 mph as a Sophomore out of Lawrenceville GA. Every major school is after Cope but UGA has a good chance.

-One name to keep an eye on when it comes to pitchers is 2026 LHP Connor Langdon out of Perry HS (GA). Langdon decommitted from Mississippi State recently with Georgia, Ole Miss, and others in contact. Langdon already throws 93 mph and is the 3rd highest ranked player in the state of Georgia for the 2026 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.