ADVERTISEMENT

Been a while....Just a quick CDC facts update for those interested

Mike_the_Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
1/1/2020 - 9/22/21 (21 months of tracking)

US deaths under 50 in that timeframe
37,817 Covid
512,762 Other causes
211,240,000 people in this age group
Fatality rate from covid- .0001

464 under 18 deaths....
56,200 deaths from other causes
75,000,000 in this age bracket
Fatality rate from covid - .000006

So Covid is no big deal for those under 50? I have talked to a few who recovered. They said it was pure hell for a month.

So Covid is no big deal for those under 50? I have talked to a few who recovered. They said it was pure hell for a month
Weak effort even for you which is saying something...When you can' t combat facts you resort to the standard anecdotal response. Classic liberal wimp retort. Page 1 of your playbook.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
1/1/2020 - 9/22/21 (21 months of tracking)

US deaths under 50 in that timeframe
37,817 Covid
512,762 Other causes
211,240,000 people in this age group
Fatality rate from covid- .0001

464 under 18 deaths....
56,200 deaths from other causes
75,000,000 in this age bracket
Fatality rate from covid - .000006
I know I'm the long covid guy, so I will continue to remind people that death is not the only significantly negative outcome from having covid.

Hopefully the New England Journal of Medicine is a sufficiently unbiased source for everyone on the Chat.

"Now that more than half of U.S. adults have been vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, masking and distancing mandates have been relaxed, and Covid-19 cases and deaths are on the decline, there is a palpable sense that life can return to normal. Though most Americans may be able to do so, restoration of normality does not apply to the 10% to 30% of those who are still experiencing debilitating symptoms months after being infected with Covid-19.1 Unfortunately, current numbers and trends indicate that “long-haul Covid” (or “long Covid”) is our next public health disaster in the making."

I know I'm the long covid guy, so I will continue to remind people that death is not the only significantly negative outcome from having covid.

Hopefully the New England Journal of Medicine is a sufficiently unbiased source for everyone on the Chat.

"Now that more than half of U.S. adults have been vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, masking and distancing mandates have been relaxed, and Covid-19 cases and deaths are on the decline, there is a palpable sense that life can return to normal. Though most Americans may be able to do so, restoration of normality does not apply to the 10% to 30% of those who are still experiencing debilitating symptoms months after being infected with Covid-19.1 Unfortunately, current numbers and trends indicate that “long-haul Covid” (or “long Covid”) is our next public health disaster in the making."

Don't deny long covid but you have to admit its a bit vague...10-30% is a huge range and as we have discussed what constitutes long covid and what is the threshold for acceptance? Feeling crappy for a month? I call that life.
We have to get back to normal. We will never be zero covid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT