ADVERTISEMENT

Big mistake to wait on Etienne's status

Moise

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I majored in Public Relations for 15 minutes at UGA, which makes me an expert on the subject (heavy sarcasm). If we wait to announce Etienne's status until kick off, or close to it, the major talking point on Gameday and every other sports network will be Etienne's availability and Georgia's off season issues. If you get it out now, the discussion happens this week and it becomes more of an after thought by game time. It will still be mentioned, but to a far lesser extent. Whether he is allowed to play, or not, won't change the level of discussion. I know that some believe that it is a strategic move to not tell Clemson, but it won't change how they prepare for us. Frazier brings the same skillset to the table as Etienne, and they will have to prepare for that. This game will probably be one of the most watched of the season, it is the first bigtime matchup in college football and everybody will be tuned in. I believe that UGA's supposed off season problems are part of a BS narrative that says UGA is out of control, which it is not, they are for the most part driving violations. But why give Herbstreit and crew the opportunity to speculate, or discuss a gameday decision by Smart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.