ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon tells his staff he will set gasoline price at $5.00

It's not Joe that is the problem. It's the people that refused to believe what the Dems have been telling us for a least at decade and thought it would be a good idea to kick Trump out in order to fundamentally change America. Now, we are left with the people that were going to save our democracy endorsing a POTUS bypassing congress again while his minions are literally threatening the judicial branch.

Last edited:
Yet just a few weeks ago he was going on air demanding gas stations lower their price, "do it now, do it today"

What a disingenuous lying, sack of shit hypocrite.

How does this man gain any support. I would not even be able to show my face if I was so dishonest.

I read a bloomberg article calling for a minimum of $5 gas. Did not see where he told anyone on his staff he will set it at $5
He can’t do it, but he may not know that. Who knows whether he said it or not.

Eastman, I am going to be blunt. It is my belief that the laws of the Republic are no longer enforced when it suits our ruling regime, whoever the hell they are.

As a legal matter, I agree with you. As a practical matter, well, lots of folks tied to posts have said "you have no legal right" a split second before the bullet hit them. They were usually the ones who continued to rely on existing laws in a nation after it had been taken over by lawless criminals.

Eastman, I am going to be blunt. It is my belief that the laws of the Republic are no longer enforced when it suits our ruling regime, whoever the hell they are.

As a legal matter, I agree with you. As a practical matter, well, lots of folks tied to posts have said "you have no legal right" a split second before the bullet hit them. They were usually the ones who continued to rely on existing laws in a nation after it had been taken over by lawless criminals.
I guess anything can happen, but since the history of gasoline being sold at the pump, the government has never controlled the price that is paid by the consumer.

Chances are, it will continue that way…

Reactions: richb1 and wcbowen

Was in that business for about 15 years….and yes, I am aware of what happened back then.

Again, no one has ever came out and said that you must sell your gas (pumps) at $5.00 per gallon or whatever the number would be. That is up to the retailers.

The market generally controls the price at the pumps, not the Prez. Never has happened and never will IMO.

Was in that business for about 15 years….and yes, I am aware of what happened back then.

Again, no one has ever came out and said that you must sell your gas (pumps) at $5.00 per gallon or whatever the number would be. That is up to the retailers.

The market generally controls the price at the pumps, not the Prez. Never has happened and never will IMO.
Sounds like you are "boots on the ground" knowledgeable on this one. I will respectfully surrender.

I hope you are right, either way. My government paranoia runs deep, however.

Sounds like you are "boots on the ground" knowledgeable on this one. I will respectfully surrender.

I hope you are right, either way. My government paranoia runs deep, however.
Grew up in the industry, my Dad ran a 200-store chain of C-stores (SVP). Learned at an early age.

Worked part and full-time while going to college with the same company.

Later on, I ran a couple different small and medium sized companies (c-stores & oil jobbership). It paid well w/ good benefits, but after about 15 or so years, decided it was no longer for me.

Remember the Carter years, not so much the Nixon ones…….but that was definitely tough back then. If you were making over a penny a gallon, you were doing well.

Don’t see the government stepping in again on the gas companies. But the retailers were never controlled, or told the price to charge on gas prices at the pump at any time.

But again, anything can happen….but I certainly don’t see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MooseHumperDawg
Don’t see the government stepping in again on the gas companies. But the retailers were never controlled, or told the price to charge on gas prices at any time.

While you are certainly correct and I doubt we'll ever see any politician stand up and call for a mandated minimum price, they can ensure gas over $5.00 thru regulation and taxation. Hell, raise the gas tax to $2.50 per gallon to save the environment and we're there. That sort of action wouldn't surprise me at all.

Setting us up with the "climate emergency". Then an EO and the sheeps will fall in line. Under normal circumstances wouldn't happen, but with this group of law breaking sacks of stink in power they will try anything. And remember, supposedly there are at least 82 million sheeps that will go along so we don't have mr mean tweets.

OP, curious as to your source for that info.

I have seen several columns by individuals advocating for the President to do this, but nothing saying that Biden has agreed to that practice.

Biden, or the government as a whole, may not be able to set the price at the pump directly, but they control a couple dozen factors that go into the price of a gallon of gas. By manipulating fees, government charges, federal leases and taxes, they could do it. I don't know how practical that would be, but it is possible.
I paid $3.69 a gallon today. Thanks, Joe!

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
I paid $3.69 a gallon today. Thanks, Joe!
That's like Bob Barker punching you in the face repeatedly, but after a while he gets a little tired from crushing your skull and pops your bleeding pulp of a nose with a little less vigor. And you thank him for it.

giphy.gif

Politicians know that people in general have short memories. If gas goes to $6 a gallon people will raise hell. When it goes back down to $5 there will be dancing in the streets. They also forget that they were paying $2 a gallon a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
That's like Bob Barker punching you in the face repeatedly, but after a while he gets a little tired from crushing your skull and pops your bleeding pulp of a nose with a little less vigor. And you thank him for it.

giphy.gif
Bob had excellent form when he took down Happy Gilmore in the Wake by the Lake. We paid $150 for pay per view and the fight ended while I was tuning in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT