ADVERTISEMENT

Bringing in 2 backs at a time

EmptySuitDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2008
Going back to early 90's, I can think of 3 instances where we brought in 2 pretty highly rated backs in same class. Looking at all 3 (with 2 of those instances still ongoing), it's interesting that the "number 2" back was the most productive of the 2.

Musa Smith and Albert Hollis II-Hollis was all world but played in I think a 8 man league in high school. Freak career ending injury sidelined him. Musa brought us (along with a senior OL and a vangorder coached talented defense) our 1st sec title in 20 years.

Gurley and Marshall - Gurley put up numbers when he was in there but was the lower ranked of the 2 backs coming in. Due to injuries, book still to be written on Marshall. He's got 2 years.

Chubb and Michel - still being written but Chubb's freshman campaign was ridiculor by any measure. Michel looks awesome too, but hasn't had as many opportunities. I think Chubb's running style will give him more touches which may skew the stats in the long run. Michel was the more highly touted of the two coming in.

Think of any other pairings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News