ADVERTISEMENT

Brown Licker Drink Alert

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
My wife and I are spending the night at the historic Wilcox in Aiken, SC. So, of course I had to try two of their signature cocktails in the very classy lobby bar:

Old Fashioned:
Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon
Orange, cherry, bitters

Smoky Manhattan:
Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon, which the bar ages an additional 3 months in their own oak barrels
Berola Vermouth
Orange and cherry
Then, they light a hickory apple wood chip and set the drink under a glass dome filled with the wood chip smoke.
You lift the glass dome and enjoy a smoky drink.
Yeah, it was $25, but I ain’t leaving my damn money to the kids anyways.

HBTFD

My wife and I are spending the night at the historic Wilcox in Aiken, SC. So, of course I had to try two of their signature cocktails in the very classy lobby bar:

Old Fashioned:
Orange, cherry, bitters

Smoky Manhattan:
Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon, which the bar ages an additional 3 months in their own oak barrels
Berola Vermouth
Orange and cherry
Then, they light a hickory apple wood chip and set the drink under a glass dome filled with the wood chip smoke.

HBTFD
about 10 years ago I was paying $25 for a shot of 25 yr old Middleton's (Irish). I don't even want to know what that would cost today.

Old Fashioned:
Orange, cherry, bitters

Smoky Manhattan:
Berola Vermouth
Orange and cherry

HBTFD
I like my bourbon neat.

Oh…and for the record…I like my coffee black.

Some might call that boring….

Last edited:

Old Fashioned:
Orange, cherry, bitters

Smoky Manhattan:
Berola Vermouth
Orange and cherry

HBTFD
clap clap clap

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT