ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Feldman on our Elite QBs

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
  • On Dylan Raiola: ‘I was wowed’​

Dylan Raiola didn’t win the MVP honor, but I was wowed by him this week. Much as I was the first time I saw him in person, last spring at an Elite 11 regional. Ranked Rivals’ No. 1 overall prospect (and QB), he more than lived up to the hype both times. Physically, he looks and carries himself like he’s in his mid-20s. At 6-feet-2 1/2, 226 pounds, the Georgia commit makes everything look easy, which really stands out after watching almost all of the other quarterbacks look like they’re amping everything they can into their throws.

Raiola exudes a lot of confidence. He doesn’t rush anything but still plays quick and strong. He can throw from different arm angles and can make any and every kind of throw, from the power throws to those he needs to layer in. He’s just a pure passer. The hit rate on five-star quarterbacks is around 30 percent over the past decade by my calculations, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have an excellent college career.
  • Georgia’s other commit at the Elite 11, Ryan Puglisi, displayed one of the stronger arms in Redondo. He really unleashes the ball, and he was more athletic than a lot of the coaches here expected. The Connecticut product acquitted himself well in LA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News