ADVERTISEMENT

call'em into session Mitch

This will be war, and the Senate will never be the same. Once the Dems get back the Senate, and it will happen at some point, they will go ballistic, and nothing will ever get done.

The days of Ronald Reagan working with Tip O'Neil to benefit the US public are officially over.

I just hope our republic can survive.

I

This is going to be fun

Still 52Rs in the Senate
Don’t think republicans have the numbers. Collins, murkowsky, Romney. Weak”republicans”

This will be war, and the Senate will never be the same. Once the Dems get back the Senate, and it will happen at some point, they will go ballistic, and nothing will ever get done.

The days of Ronald Reagan working with Tip O'Neil to benefit the US public are officially over.

I
Of course the dems will just add senators from DC and Puerto Rico. Add to # of justices. Kill the buster.

Of course those psychos will be doing those things anyways.

@MittRomney thank you sir. The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

— Mitch McConnell, March 2016.

I
Naw gov pork will always win out

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

-Mitch McConnell
You left out the part about "when the President and the Senate majority are not the same party".
That is not the case now.

just quoting McConnell

No doubt hypocritical but that appears to be the best description of the swamp. Of course, when Mitch said that, it was a POTUS coming to the end of his 2nd term and change was guaranteed. One could argue that Trump should make a choice and allow the election to be a referendum on the direction of the court. Anyway, it is unfortunately politics and in DC it's politics that rules the day, not good governance.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
No doubt hypocritical but that appears to be the best description of the swamp. Of course, when Mitch said that, it was a POTUS coming to the end of his 2nd term and change was guaranteed. One could argue that Trump should make a choice and allow the election to be a referendum on the direction of the court. Anyway, it is unfortunately politics and in DC it's politics that rules the day, not good governance.

McConnell is a swamp creature to the nth degree, that’s for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT