ADVERTISEMENT

Can't believe how thoughtless

Agreed. If you're that scared then stay at home. Order your food and dinner's to be delivered. I'm not wearing a mask. I have a good friend who works for CHOA and is also an ER nurse. Masks are largely ineffective for so many reasons. I'm not living in fear any longer. BTW, I was tested for Covid last week (in order to return to work).

Death rate remains at 0.04% in the U.S.
I'm not wearing one either but I do keep my distance and wash my hands frequently. I just don't see the danger if you don't have underlying health conditions. If you have underlying conditions stay at home. I will say that if I need to wear a mask to watch the Dawgs play I'll do it. And I'll take it off when I get away from the crowd. Thankfully this is just not as big a deal as we were told in March.

Well his health situation and the health situations of those that he lives with aren’t really your business OP. If it’s that big of an issue though you could prob get more accomplished by talking to him about it rather than bringing it here.
I respectfully say that you couldn’t be more wrong. If he is exposing himself to the OP, while having positively tested people in the household, OP has every right to know about it.

I respectfully say that you couldn’t be more wrong. If he is exposing himself to the OP, while having positively tested people in the household, OP has every right to know about it.
Well his buddy disagrees.

Also, so many of the "I don't want the gov't telling me I should wear a mask" Freedom fanatics will be among the same folks in line for a COVID vaccine/shot just as soon as it becomes available to the American public. Ingesting or injecting a medication IN your body (via orally or syringe) is much more "invasive" than putting a piece of cloth ON the outside of your body/face for a few minutes while you're in public... but just you wait & see, those same folks won't let their precious "personal freedom" argument get in their way of their "freely" taking the vaccine if/when the gov't encourages us to do so. Just a convenient political stance that completely misses the point. A requirement to wear a mask in public places (currently just an encouraged CDC guideline) would be akin to the (state) gov't telling us we MUST wear a seatbelt to protect ourselves while driving in order to lower the number of serious personal injuries and deaths from motor vehicle accidents (which has been an actual GA law for approx. 30 years). GA law requires you to wear a seatbelt while operating or riding in a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia. A violation of this GA statute comes with a fine and possible points on your license.

You certainly don't hear the freedom fanatics crying that their liberty has been stripped re: their freedom to wear a seatbelt. They just do it because it's safer to wear one vs. not wearing one. The same logic applies to wearing masks (except that's just a temporary guideline - just until corona is finally gone). Wearing a seatbelt is a selfish compliance; you wear it to save your own life (or your own passengers). Wearing a mask is an unselfish compliance; you wear it to protect others. And therein lies the rub: There are a lot of selfish people out there who place a higher value on their own perceived "freedoms" and conveniences than they do on the health and safety of others.

Reactions: LrgK9
Anyone who refuses to wear a mask in public is not much different IMO. Unbelievable.
The media that has you convinced with out any science behind it the need for a mask. They don’t even wear it as the film telling you to wear it. The media started this as a anti Trump thing. On camera they chastised people off they do the same thing, but they have convinced you. Where mask are required pulling your T-shirt up counts as a mask, to fight a virus, but you believe it. Remember CNN has never mislead us. Mask are being used to influence the election that is the only reason. Wake up, look into this point of view, yourView holds no volatility, your reporting sources has lied to the American public for three years about the information they have seen making Trump a Russia agent then the Ukraine lies. How many times does Jake Trapper ,Coumo get to lie to you before you bother to question them?

I feel bad for the people with asthma and other breathing issues and can't wear masks (if they choose), yet get shamed by nearly every single person that looks in their direction that's wearing a mask. Should make shirts that say "I have asthma" but those people probably still wouldn't get it. We should all be more empathetic and not jump to conclusions about non-mask usage.

Here’s the thing. Even if the masks do what everyone says they do, you are not going to avoid getting exposed to COVID-19. The virus is not going away. If we reduce it to zero people in the United States of America, we would just get exposed again because we are an international country, with people from all over the world traveling here consistently.

The people who refuse to wear masks are only trying to build up their own immune system, which some argue really is the best idea. I personally will not take any advice from somebody who smokes consistently, drinks excessively, doesn’t exercise, and thinks the government is going to produce a vaccine that’s going to correct their health problems.

Look at the deaths NOT the number of cases(because it is now fact that up to half of these test could be producing false positives). Testing has become readily available and with camps opening and businesses starting back up, more and more places are requiring tests. If you have to get tested to even know if you have the virus, then it isn’t as deadly as they are saying. Deaths are at an all time low. Because more people are living their lives and allowing their bodies to create antibodies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pjmedi...a-covid-19-deaths-hit-3-month-low-n597330/amp

Last edited:
Here’s the thing. Even if the masks get what everyone says they do, you are not going to avoid getting exposed to COVID-19. The virus is not going away. If we reduce it to zero people in the United States of America, we would just get exposed again because we are an international country, with people from all over the world traveling here consistently.

The people who refuse to wear masks, or only trying to build up their own immune system, which argue really is the best idea. I personally will not take any advice from somebody who smokes consistently, drinks excessively, doesn’t exercise, and thinks the government is going to produce a vaccine that’s going to correct their health problems.

Look at the deaths NOT the number of cases(because it is now fact that up to half of these test could be producing false positives). Testing has become readily available and with camps opening and businesses starting back up, more and more places are requiring tests. If you have to get tested to even know if you have the virus, then it isn’t as deadly as they are saying. Deaths are at an all time low. Because more people are living their lives and allowing their bodies to create antibodies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pjmedi...a-covid-19-deaths-hit-3-month-low-n597330/amp

Yes! I heard it straight from my fiends mouth yesterday that especially early on, the testing created a ton of false positives. So the numbers are greatly skewed.

Reactions: Ryno099
Also, so many of the "I don't want the gov't telling me I should wear a mask" Freedom fanatics will be among the same folks in line for a COVID vaccine/shot just as soon as it becomes available to the American public. Ingesting or injecting a medication IN your body (via orally or syringe) is much more "invasive" than putting a piece of cloth ON the outside of your body/face for a few minutes while you're in public... but just you wait & see, those same folks won't let their precious "personal freedom" argument get in their way of their "freely" taking the vaccine if/when the gov't encourages us to do so. Just a convenient political stance that completely misses the point. A requirement to wear a mask in public places (currently just an encouraged CDC guideline) would be akin to the (state) gov't telling us we MUST wear a seatbelt to protect ourselves while driving in order to lower the number of serious personal injuries and deaths from motor vehicle accidents (which has been an actual GA law for approx. 30 years). GA law requires you to wear a seatbelt while operating or riding in a motor vehicle in the state of Georgia. A violation of this GA statute comes with a fine and possible points on your license.

You certainly don't hear the freedom fanatics crying that their liberty has been stripped re: their freedom to wear a seatbelt. They just do it because it's safer to wear one vs. not wearing one. The same logic applies to wearing masks (except that's just a temporary guideline - just until corona is finally gone). Wearing a seatbelt is a selfish compliance; you wear it to save your own life (or your own passengers). Wearing a mask is an unselfish compliance; you wear it to protect others. And therein lies the rub: There are a lot of selfish people out there who place a higher value on their own perceived "freedoms" and conveniences than they do on the health and safety of others.
This is just nit-picking, but I can make a solid argument against seatbelt laws (although I always wear one and recommend everyone does) because you are only impacting your own safety by not wearing a seatbelt. You are potentially impacting the safety of everyone you come into contact with by not wearing a mask during an airborne pandemic. Not really apples to apples.

Here’s the thing. Even if the masks get what everyone says they do, you are not going to avoid getting exposed to COVID-19. The virus is not going away. If we reduce it to zero people in the United States of America, we would just get exposed again because we are an international country, with people from all over the world traveling here consistently.

The people who refuse to wear masks, or only trying to build up their own immune system, which argue really is the best idea. I personally will not take any advice from somebody who smokes consistently, drinks excessively, doesn’t exercise, and thinks the government is going to produce a vaccine that’s going to correct their health problems.

This make entirely too much sense. ; )

Define "public". I think that's where a lot of confusion lies. If my wife & I are walking our dogs around the neighborhood, getting nowhere near anyone else, do we need to have masks on? If I'm playing tennis against another guy- and never getting overly close to him- do I need to be wearing a mask? To me, there's a huge difference between outdoor & indoor mask wearing, and much of it stems from a lack of clarification by those who demand that everyone wear a mask at all times in public, without saying what that really means.
They are playing the shame game now. Of course if i was entering an area around people that i knew were at high risk and was going to be in close contact with them i would wear one, but riding around town or going into Publix to get groceries?

You can look at each of those states mentioned and the deaths have either declined(GA) or been mostly flat Or slight increases during the past three weeks but no where near the level expected with the increase in cases. I agree with your point overall but the lag that has been present between confirmed case and death (10-14 days) is no longer there in the same pattern it’s been the entire time up to this point.
First, I am squarely on your side of Cases v. Hospitalizations/Deaths. And I am irked about the MSM that keeps talking about how bad it is going to get and then it doesn't.

That said, here is Ga right now:

COxBhWH.png

If that trend keeps going up that's not good. With the 4th over, and masks being worn more, my guess is that it will flatten out and drop. That is what is projected. That works for me, and shows that it is getting blown out of proportion, but it is going up now in GA, FL, TX, CA, and AZ, the states most talked about.

They are playing the shame game now. Of course if i was entering an area around people that i knew were at high risk and was going to be in close contact with them i would wear one, but riding around town or going into Publix to get groceries?

I wear a mask in grocery stores, Costco (required), pharmacies, and generally any other non-restaurant I go into, especially if it's a quick trip. It's not that much of a pain & it keeps me from getting dirty looks from Karens. Now, I rarely wear one into a restaurant, whether dining in or grabbing a takeout order, but I see a lot more non-mask wearers in those settings, so I feel OK about it.

Reactions: paintdawg1
Nationwide that is the case, but that is because many states are going down, and many states are going up. If you look at the curves of FL, GA, AZ, CA, TX, you will see the death rates have started to go up in all those states. I tend to look at things locally, not nationally as I think this has to be handled locally. So a national trend today doesn't tell the whole story, just like it didn't back in March and April.

FWIW, I think Kemp and DeSantos get a lot of grief when they have done well. I am for the re-opening and expected a surge. A lot of the increases are because of increased testing. A lot of the increases are due to bars and protests and rioting, all of which should be better controlled. All that said, deaths are going up in the "hot spots."

My crystal ball says that closing bars, stopping protests and rioting, and the upward momentum will slow down even in the hot spots.

Death rates are absolutely not going up in Georgia.

Cool, but as the number of cases explodes AGAIN, so do the number of PREVENTABLE deaths, regardless of what percentage that represents of the total number infected. We ALL want this to go away, but pretending it isn't still a MAJOR threat is shortsighted, selfish and counterproductive. At the point, EVERY developed country except the U.S. has it under control. We are the only ones debating public health measures as political talking points and it's costing unnecessary loss of life and QUALITY of life.
That is actually an excellent point. If you thought other countries were laughing at us at some imagined moment in the past, rest assured they are now. Truthfully, most of them pity us.

Reactions: MHoncho69
Define "public". I think that's where a lot of confusion lies. If my wife & I are walking our dogs around the neighborhood, getting nowhere near anyone else, do we need to have masks on? If I'm playing tennis against another guy- and never getting overly close to him- do I need to be wearing a mask? To me, there's a huge difference between outdoor & indoor mask wearing, and much of it stems from a lack of clarification by those who demand that everyone wear a mask at all times in public, without saying what that really means.

Common sense is not at all common!

I wear a mask in grocery stores, Costco (required), pharmacies, and generally any other non-restaurant I go into, especially if it's a quick trip. It's not that much of a pain & it keeps me from getting dirty looks from Karens. Now, I rarely wear one into a restaurant, whether dining in or grabbing a takeout order, but I see a lot more non-mask wearers in those settings, so I feel OK about it.
Like you, I take a common sense approach to mask wearing, but I still get a lot of mean looks from Karens. My wife's name is Karen, and she gives me mean looks every day.

First, I am squarely on your side of Cases v. Hospitalizations/Deaths. And I am irked about the MSM that keeps talking about how bad it is going to get and then it doesn't.

That said, here is Ga right now:

COxBhWH.png

If that trend keeps going up that's not good. With the 4th over, and masks being worn more, my guess is that it will flatten out and drop. That is what is projected. That works for me, and shows that it is getting blown out of proportion, but it is going up now in GA, FL, TX, CA, and AZ, the states most talked about.

Where are you getting your "death rates in Georgia are going up" stats? Here is the data from the Georgia DPH. The 7-day rolling average of deaths has gone down virtually every day since the middle of May. This data attributes the actual date of death, not the date when some random website reports or learns of it:

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Where are you getting your "death rates in Georgia are going up" stats? Here is the data from the Georgia DPH. The 7-day rolling average of deaths has gone down virtually every day since the middle of May. This data attributes the actual date of death, not the date when some random website reports or learns of it:

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/georgia

I'll look at that data when I get home. That would certainly be good news, which is what I am looking for.

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
Agreed. If you're that scared then stay at home. Order your food and dinner's to be delivered. I'm not wearing a mask. I have a good friend who works for CHOA and is also an ER nurse. Masks are largely ineffective for so many reasons. I'm not living in fear any longer. BTW, I was tested for Covid last week (in order to return to work).

Death rate remains at 0.04% in the U.S.

0.04%? Do you even know what you’re talking about. Assuming there are around 260million people in the US, your .04% bullshit number is 104,000 people. News flash that many have already died and then some.

The more accurate estimate currently is 4% which would be 10,400,000 people in the US. Even if the actual death rate is less than 4 and actually 1%, that’s still 2,600,000 people. I don’t know about you but that’s substantial.

Now I know math is hard but next time try to look educated on a subject before running off at the mouth.

Oh and wear a damn mask.

Nope. Not wearing a mask.
0.04%? Do you even know what you’re talking about. Assuming there are around 260million people in the US, your .04% bullshit number is 104,000 people. News flash that many have already died and then some.

The more accurate estimate currently is 4% which would be 10,400,000 people in the US. Even if the actual death rate is less than 4 and actually 1%, that’s still 2,600,000 people. I don’t know about you but that’s substantial.

Now I know math is hard but next time try to look educated on a subject before running off at the mouth.

Oh and wear a damn mask.

Not wearing a mask. Nope. Apparently you have NO idea the US population. 331,000,000 and some change. 130,000 deaths. The death rate is down 39% over the last month. The death rate is 0.039.

Oh and I guess you are aware about assuming things right?

You're welcome.

Nope. Not wearing a mask.

Not wearing a mask. Nope. Apparently you have NO idea the US population. 331,000,000 and some change. 130,000 deaths. The death rate is down 39% over the last month. The death rate is 0.039.

Oh and I guess you are aware about assuming things right?

You're welcome.

Hey genius the death rate isn’t 0.039%.

Let me do some math for you. You move the decimal 2 places to the left or 0.00039. You then multiply this by the number of people. So the equation looks like this

331,000,000 x 0.00039 = 129,090

There are currently 132,000 deaths in the US, which is clearly more than the number above, and the number above is assuming every single person in the US contracts it. Considering not every person has contracted it, there is no way the death rate is 0.039%.

Hope this helps. Though you can’t fix stupid as you seem so intent on waving that flag about masks.

Hey genius the death rate isn’t 0.039%.

Let me do some math for you. You move the decimal 2 places to the left or 0.00039. You then multiply this by the number of people. So the equation looks like this

331,000,000 x 0.00039 = 129,090

There are currently 132,000 deaths in the US, which is clearly more than the number above, and the number above is assuming every single person in the US contracts it. Considering not every person has contracted it, there is no way the death rate is 0.039%.

Hope this helps. Though you can’t fix stupid as you seem so intent on waving that flag about masks.
I think arguing about multiplying with decimals and ordering him to wear a mask on a college football recruiting board is really going to motivate him to be more aware! Keep up the good work!

I think arguing about multiplying with decimals and ordering him to wear a mask on a college football recruiting board is really going to motivate him to be more aware! Keep up the good work!

You do realize this is on the chat and not the vault right? If you can’t discern the difference in message boards then I’m definitely through with the conversation as I’ll only be getting dumber by arguing with you, or Coweta for that matter.

You do realize this is on the chat and not the vault right? If you can’t discern the difference in message boards then I’m definitely through with the conversation as I’ll only be getting dumber by arguing with you, or Coweta for that matter.
I can see where it says UGASports.com at the top of the page.....

Oh and wear a damn mask.
LMAO! Man, talk about clueless! Google is your friend...Covid -19 has a 0.04% fatality rate among people under 70.That is fact.

Reactions: anon_w4pknohc0ndth
Why is there so much mask shaming on both sides?

Why do I care if others wear largely ineffective masks? Why do I care if others don't wear largely ineffective masks?

I see people walking around constantly fooling with, touching, pulling down, and adjusting their masks. Constantly. How is this helping *me*? Unless the mask is an N95 or surgical mask that is only touched carefully to be removed, what is it really doing other than making a statement?
Post of the day.

I will not accept the vaccination if mandatory or voluntary. I simply do not trust the circumstances.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT