ADVERTISEMENT

Car auction

thinkinofmontreal

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2003
Georgia
several months ago someone posted info on a car dealer that would go to auctions and buy cars for clients. Anyone have the dealers contact info?

2015 -2018 crew cab pickup for
My son. Base model with cloth interior. 70-100 k miles
Spend around 10k

Thanks for checking

Get in your PC
Hit autotrader
Fill out selection criteria
Sort ascending
Copy the top line url into a text file
Modify criteria $ & miles to your specs
(Autotrader ranges are too broad)
Paste back into URL
Hit enter
Work with the ranges so you are picking up very few if any vehicles, but they are all good deals. (Watch out for salvage titles or flooded vehicles though)

You will need to do this for 3-5 zip codes as autotrader does suppress some vehicles to locally based zips. (I limited to 300 miles from each zip)

Then every week just copy from your 4-5 saved search text lines into the url in your browser to check. You’ll find one up in NC or Alabama probably.

BTW - NC has a lemon law and a free state enforced warranty on all used cars - so if you find one there your risk is lower

Did this on the last 3 vehicles I bought.
Got a Volvo XC90 8 cylinder out of Hickory NC 7,500 under blue book with a NC free warranty.

Got a 2018 Chevy Silverado 4X4 13,000 miles LTZ for 9,000 under blue book. Dealer priced as a LZ but I laid a 500$ deposit on it by photo check off my phone.

Got a brother who sells cars who tipped me off.
He was in internet sales, says 1) a lot of dealers give this to millennials or old farts and they mess up the listings but it’s a valid offer and if you come in with the check to hold it pending inspection and driving, it’s a binding contract. Or 2) they can’t find a local buyer so they just want to move it off the lot.

Last edited:
Get in your PC
Hit autotrader
Fill out selection criteria
Sort ascending
Copy the top line url into a text file
Modify criteria $ & miles to your specs
(Autotrader ranges are too broad)
Paste back into URL
Hit enter
Work with the ranges so you are picking up very few if any vehicles, but they are all good deals. (Watch out for salvage titles or flooded vehicles though)

You will need to do this for 3-5 zip codes as autotrader does suppress some vehicles to locally based zips. (I limited to 300 miles from each zip)

Then every week just copy from your 4-5 saved search text lines into the url in your browser to check. You’ll find one up in NC or Alabama probably.

BTW - NC has a lemon law and a free state enforced warranty on all used cars - so if you find one there your risk is lower

Did this on the last 3 vehicles I bought.
Got a Volvo XC90 8 cylinder out of Hickory NC 7,500 under blue book with a NC free warranty.

Got a 2018 Chevy Silverado 4X4 13,000 miles LTZ for 9,000 under blue book. Dealer priced as a LZ but I laid a 500$ deposit on it by photo check off my phone.

Got a brother who sells cars who tipped me off.
He was in internet sales, says 1) a lot of dealers give this to millennials or old farts and they mess up the listings but it’s a valid offer and if you come in with the check to hold it pending inspection and driving, it’s a binding contract. Or 2) they can’t find a local buyer so they just want to move it off the lot.
Thanks for info

Reactions: LrgK9
Thanks for checking
My guy is out of pocket till Friday when I’ll see him. If he can help I’ll PM his contact info to you.

Meanwhile try this site: www.wholesaleinc.com

Located in Nashville, Tn. I personally know 8 folks who've obtained solid vehicles through them at fair prices. They obtain cars from lease turn backs, auctions, plus other locations. They stand behind their sales and deliver to your location. Well worth a look v any of the autotrader, carmax, KBB, etc. sites. 99% of those are dealers with a markup from a dealership lot swap or auction trying to move local inventory.

Last edited:
My guy is out of pocket till Friday when I’ll see him. If he can help I’ll PM his contact info to you.

Meanwhile try this site: www.wholesaleinc.com

Located in Nashville, Tn. I personally know 8 folks who've obtained solid vehicles through them at fair prices. They obtain cars from lease turn backs, auctions, plus other locations. They stand behind their sales and deliver to your location. Well worth a look v any of the autotrader, carmax, KBB, etc. sites. 99% of those are dealers with a markup from a dealership lot swap or auction trying to move local inventory.
My son is in Nashville. We’ll get on it. Thanks for your help!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT