ADVERTISEMENT

Carson is who we thought he was, a “good” QB who can…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
pile up statistics against moderate and inferior opponents, but who cannot defeat the Alabamas that we play. The main difference in the game was Jalen Milroe. A dual threat quarterback is the most dangerous weapon in college football and even in professional football. Why can we not recruit a quarterback who is equally a threat running and throwing the ball. A dual threat quarterback makes life much easier on the offensive coordinator calling the plays; he can cause people to miss and create plays with his legs that cannot be drawn up on the chalkboard, and the D has no answer for him.

Just a word about our overall recruiting…. just because rivals or some other organization says we finished with the best recruiting class in the nation doesn’t mean that it’s a fact. Too many of our highly ranked players failed to live up to their billing for whatever reason. Alabama had a much better team size wise and speed wise last night.

And I will broach a subject which I have been hesitant to do these last three years….. We have had so many players charged with driving infractions, so many more than other teams have had; I’m afraid this might be due to KS’s letting up and not being as tough and hard nosed on discipline as he once was. That’s the only explanation that makes sense to me, and if that’s the case, Kirby might be letting up somewhat on his offensive and defensive coordinators also. And a lack of D certainly carries over to the players on the field.

So many mistakes and bad plays last night; too many poor throws and poor decisions from Carson. Things better improve and quick..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.