ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg CDC says vaccinated individuals don't need to wear masks indoors or outdoors...

FivePtsDawg

El Guapo
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Dunwoody
About time they showed some common sense with all this:

People who are fully vaccinated against coronavirus no longer need to wear masks while indoors or outdoors or physical distance in either large or small gatherings, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky announced during a White House COVID-19 briefing Thursday.

Fully vaccinated individuals are still advised to wear masks while in crowded indoor settings such as while on public transportation and in hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters.

And yes, I know this is a topic that could possibly get political, but please, let's try not to get it moved to the Chat. I know people still have strong feelings about the vaccine, and specifically those that don't plan on getting it, but regardless, this is good news, in that it is another step in the return to normalcy.

People who are fully vaccinated against coronavirus no longer need to wear masks while indoors or outdoors or physical distance in either large or small gatherings, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky announced during a White House COVID-19 briefing Thursday.

Fully vaccinated individuals are still advised to wear masks while in crowded indoor settings such as while on public transportation and in hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters.

And yes, I know this is a topic that could possibly get political, but please, let's try not to get it moved to the Chat. I know people still have strong feelings about the vaccine, and specifically those that don't plan on getting it, but regardless, this is good news, in that it is another step in the return to normalcy.
Does this mean they are gonna start asking for 'their papers'?

Reactions: George Hayduke

im-up-in-this-thread-and-im-not-reading.gif

Just went in Kroger for the first time in a year without a mask. Felt strange! 😂

Good news, especially with the weather heating up.
But honestly, I found myself enjoying the mask in winter, helped keep my face from getting so cold. Might become a seasonal thing to wear them.

Internal polls must have been worse than the virus.

Joe and Knees said you must wear two masks so that is what I will be doing. And if I see any of you not wearing a mask I will cuss you out and call the po-po.

Why should anyone have to wear a mask?
If you are vaccinated, you are protected by vaccine immunity (yes, even against the variants)
If you have had COVID, you are protected by natural immunity (better than vaccine immunity according to multiple research studies, and even against the variants).
If you choose not to get vaccine then fine. That is your right and you do not deserve to be discriminated against. Your chances of getting it are small, your chances of dying from it are even smaller. If you are healthy and asymptomatic you are not a transmission risk anyway. And you definitely pose very little risk to those with immunity.
Kids should not be wearing masks. Period. And vaccination of kids should NOT be made mandatory. Period. If you are a parent and want to get your kids vaccinated that is your choice. Just as getting your kids vaccinated against influenza (which much deadlier by the way) is your choice.
Everyone needs to decide their own risk tolerance and just leave others alone. Stop being selfish because of your fear and insecurity.
If you are sick, stay home. The days of going to work with the flu and bragging about your “work ethic” are hopefully over.

By the way, I am vaccinated but will refuse to show anyone my vaccine card as I will not be carrying it with me. I refuse to support any business that will require proof of vaccination or people to wear a mask. My children also will not be vaccinated as the virus poses very little risk to them and we know child transmission is RARE.

If you are vaccinated, you are protected by vaccine immunity (yes, even against the variants)
If you have had COVID, you are protected by natural immunity (better than vaccine immunity according to multiple research studies, and even against the variants).
If you choose not to get vaccine then fine. That is your right and you do not deserve to be discriminated against. Your chances of getting it are small, your chances of dying from it are even smaller. If you are healthy and asymptomatic you are not a transmission risk anyway. And you definitely pose very little risk to those with immunity.
Kids should not be wearing masks. Period. And vaccination of kids should NOT be made mandatory. Period. If you are a parent and want to get your kids vaccinated that is your choice. Just as getting your kids vaccinated against influenza (which much deadlier by the way) is your choice.
Everyone needs to decide their own risk tolerance and just leave others alone. Stop being selfish because of your fear and insecurity.
If you are sick, stay home. The days of going to work with the flu and bragging about your “work ethic” are hopefully over.

By the way, I am vaccinated but will refuse to show anyone my vaccine card as I will not be carrying it with me. I refuse to support any business that will require proof of vaccination or people to wear a mask. My children also will not be vaccinated as the virus poses very little risk to them and we know child transmission is RARE.

I had covid. I don't think I'll ever want a vaccine. But I have to travel for work. The pro vaxxers win. I will do one J&J dose Tuesday. Multiple studies came out today saying 1 dose hold off on 2nd dose for at least 5 weeks. This is a cluster.

I had covid. I don't think I'll ever want a vaccine. But I have to travel for work. The pro vaxxers win. I will do one J&J dose Tuesday. Multiple studies came out today saying 1 dose hold off on 2nd dose for at least 5 weeks. This is a cluster.
There is ample research that natural immunity is as good, if not better than, vaccine immunity.

There is also research showing that those who have had COVID might benefit from a single dose of mRNA vaccine (acts like a booster vaccine).

....but a second dose may actually be detrimental:

Do note that all studies done with mRNA vaccines, and not the single shot J&J adenovirus vector vaccine.

Joe and Knees said you must wear two masks so that is what I will be doing. And if I see any of you not wearing a mask I will cuss you out and call the po-po.
New poll shows that 92% of all mask wearers say they wear it because of their terrible oral hygiene.
I appreciate how they sacrifice for my comfort.

Reactions: WyoDawg307

Only thing right now I’m ok with mandating the vaccine for is international travel. Which already comes with certain shots depending on the place you visit. Domestically it should not be required.

I don’t have mine yet due to having had covid back in January and being 27. I’ll get it soon, but I’ll probably be one of the lucky ones who gets sick afterwards so I’m waiting for work to slow down just enough that I can get it and have a weekend off to recover if I need it.

Only thing right now I’m ok with mandating the vaccine for is international travel. Which already comes with certain shots depending on the place you visit. Domestically it should not be required.

I don’t have mine yet due to having had covid back in January and being 27. I’ll get it soon, but I’ll probably be one of the lucky ones who gets sick afterwards so I’m waiting for work to slow down just enough that I can get it and have a weekend off to recover if I need it.
Good news is your natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity:

But you should get only one shot if you do choose to get vaccinated. Two shots no bueno:

My advise is worth about as much as what you are paying to read it but at 27, I'd wait this thing out for at least a yr before screwing around with a healthy immune system. There is a reason why we've been trying to develop MRNA vaccines since the 70s and haven't approved one with full testing backed up by RCTs.

I'm 58 and most likely will need a vaccination card for work related international travel. Based on everything I've seen, my risk from covid vs the vaccine are basically a wash so I took the J&J. Even though I believe the chances of having an adverse reaction or a mass issue with the vaccine is small, I'd take advantage of having the time to wait it out to make sure folks didn't start having issues with immune systems over reacting.

Well see your first problem is acting like a normal, rational adult who believes in liberty and personal choice and responsibility and uses common sense when reviewing data for yourself instead of swallowing the government and science "experts" pablum everyday. Get these issues squared away and it will all become clear to you.

So if we are going to require Vaccination Card for travel, the government needs to have one for the flu as well.

How many people die from the flu each year?

I have been saying how useless the masks where sense they first mandating them. I am shocked how many people just believe whatever they read or do whatever the government says to do.

The science is about the same as global warming science. If you pay someone enough money you can get the "result" you want on a study.

I am 41 been going to a packed gym for a year now. Church which all of us take this about as seriously as the gym crowd. There was no outbreak. I get that alot of plus 60 individuals start worrying about flu and other things just because of underlying medical conditions. But the amount of chicken littles is beyond ridiculous.

This was a media and political driven panic just like the gas shortage.

Oh and schools were open in my county all year and we didn't have 5% of teachers dying.

Still no one has explained to me how states with shut downs were getting such bad numbers.

My advise is worth about as much as what you are paying to read it but at 27, I'd wait this thing out for at least a yr before screwing around with a healthy immune system. There is a reason why we've been trying to develop MRNA vaccines since the 70s and haven't approved one with full testing backed up by RCTs.

I'm 58 and most likely will need a vaccination card for work related international travel. Based on everything I've seen, my risk from covid vs the vaccine are basically a wash so I took the J&J. Even though I believe the chances of having an adverse reaction or a mass issue with the vaccine is small, I'd take advantage of having the time to wait it out to make sure folks didn't start having issues with immune systems over reacting.

In fairness, the idea was concocted in the 70s and they have been working on the underlying framework of these vaccines in the time since. This blog post is a good primer on both the function and history of mRNA vaccines, as well as some of the ways they could fundamentally change the treatment and prevention of other illnesses in the future.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
In fairness, the idea was concocted in the 70s and they have been working on the underlying framework of these vaccines in the time since. This blog post is a good primer on both the function and history of mRNA vaccines, as well as some of the ways they could fundamentally change the treatment and prevention of other illnesses in the future.

No doubt about it and I was comfortable enough that I wouldn't develop VAERD that I took the vaccine. However, if I was in a group that was at virtually zero risk of a catastrophic covid outcome, I'd wait it out to see if there were some unintended side effects or immune system malfunctions once those that were vaccinated started getting exposed to similar viruses. The vast majority of those under 30 really have little reason to rush out and get the vaccine.

As a side note, I had one employee call out of work today because his wife had an unbearable headache and couldn't swallow after taking her 2nd dose. Based on her age and health issues, I think she made a prudent choice in taking the vaccine but I don't think we can pretend this thing is 100% safe.

Reactions: BigDaddyDawgBreath
So if we are going to require Vaccination Card for travel, the government needs to have one for the flu as well.

This statement demonstrates some of the misunderstanding that exists and extends to other areas also.
The flu vaccines are thought to be close to 100% effective, so knowing someone is vaccinated is meaningful.

However, that is not true for the flu vaccines (and not designed to be), so that would not be providing the same assurance as the COVID vaccine card or passport.

No doubt about it and I was comfortable enough that I wouldn't develop VAERD that I took the vaccine. However, if I was in a group that was at virtually zero risk of a catastrophic covid outcome, I'd wait it out to see if there were some unintended side effects or immune system malfunctions once those that were vaccinated started getting exposed to similar viruses. The vast majority of those under 30 really have little reason to rush out and get the vaccine.

As a side note, I had one employee call out of work today because his wife had an unbearable headache and couldn't swallow after taking her 2nd dose. Based on her age and health issues, I think she made a prudent choice in taking the vaccine but I don't think we can pretend this thing is 100% safe.

Totally get that. Everyone's risk calculation is different, so it's a personal choice on that (although I do think governments should be encouraging it as much as possible). But there will always be unintended outcomes to some degree, no medication or vaccine is really 100% safe for everyone.

It was a bait and switch. Masks now used as leverage to coerce people who think they do not need the vaccine to get it.

Within 24 hours DOD specifically put this out on all military members. If we do not get vaccinated they will make us wear masks, presumably forever.

We fell into a trap of our own making. Because no one needs to wear a mask indoors or outdoors, because they don't work.

The side effect you mentioned has happened a lot. Ask yourself this - does any other vaccine this widely distributed cause side effects at such a level? I have seen claims that factually no other vaccine has or does cause this level of side effects. Is that actually true?

I know that within our circle the worst effect we saw from either COVID or the vaccine was from a vaccine reaction, in a person who did not want the shot but took it because of employer pressure. Miserable with over a 102 fever.

Until a medical substance achieves full safety approval it should not be mandated by the government, an employer, or a school. People should not be treated differently because they refuse consent to a medical procedure still in safety trials.

This was a widely accepted principle before this situation. Were we smarter then when we were not panicked, or now when it is provable that people far overestimate the danger of COVID-19?

Some of the big box stores in my area now have signs that say, “Masks Encouraged”, rather than “Masks Required”. I decided a week or so ago that I wasn’t going to wear one anymore unless I was called out. I have only been called out once, and that was yesterday at the Whole Foods in Kennesaw. They were handing out masks to the unmasked at the door.

Last edited:
Until a medical substance achieves full safety approval it should not be mandated by the government, an employer, or a school. People should not be treated differently because they refuse consent to a medical procedure still in safety trials.

This was a widely accepted principle before this situation. Were we smarter then when we were not panicked, or now when it is provable that people far overestimate the danger of COVID-19?
I think companies and schools severely underestimate their legal exposure by mandating a vaccine that doesn’t have full approval and decent evidence of side effects. I am surprised lawsuits aren’t being announced on a daily basis. I imagine legal firms are looking at this like the windfall of money they got from the tobacco industry lawsuits.

If the "vaccines" cause long term problems it could the lawsuit of the century against them.

Reactions: stray

LOL not going to wear a mask when I have a 100% chance to survive Covid. I stay away from folks who don't. As far as the people who are at risk and still go out into the world, they are measuring their own risk.

ADVERTISEMENT