ADVERTISEMENT

Certainly didn’t want to see this....

Officer(s) are in deep doo-doo if there isn't a weapon within dead guys reach. 7 shots seems a tad excessive to me. With 3 on scene this should never have happened and you're spot on about not allowing the guy to walk around the front of the car in the first place. Curious: Would you have grabbed the victim from behind pinning his arms as he was moving toward the driver's door?

yes . That not the problem . The officer was trying to keep him out of the vehicle. When he couldn’t win the hand to hand battle . He shot him . That what happens when you go live fire instead of taser .

the taser might not have worked or it may not . He won’t ever know now . I think if there was a gun we would have heard by now .

Reactions: RoyDawgMercer
I think if there was a gun we would have heard by now .
Willie, I’m surprised at you. That’s not the way the media rolls these days. In the end, you may be correct and there was no weapon, but the silence thus far is not convincing to me given the media’s propensity to stir the pot, especially where a white cop and black perp are involved.

yes . That not the problem . The officer was trying to keep him out of the vehicle. When he couldn’t win the hand to hand battle . He shot him . That what happens when you go live fire instead of taser .

the taser might not have worked or it may not . He won’t ever know now . I think if there was a gun we would have heard by now .
I just read that they did taze him and it had no effect. Unconfirmed so take it with a grain of salt. If true then he was definitely under the influence.

Sick of scum and lowlife daring to lecture us about how we manage them. You choose to be a cocky POS, you WILL get dealt with in the appropriate manner. Why " he shoot that man?" BEACAUSE HE WASN'T LISTENING TO LEO'S. Quit being criminal and start listening!

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
I just read that they did taze him and it had no effect. Unconfirmed so take it with a grain of salt. If true then he was definitely under the influence.

multiple witnesses saying they attempted to taze him first, this from the Kenosha paper

also his kids were in the back seat of the car

Little update : the officers did taser him and it failed . A zoom in picture showed he had a knife in his hand . When officers were behind him and he was trying to get in the driver side of the vehicle.

If that’s the case the action were justified.

Little update : the officers did taser him and it failed . A zoom in picture showed he had a knife in his hand . When officers were behind him and he was trying to get in the driver side of the vehicle.

As a former Field Training Officer with Jefferson County, Alabama, we trust your opinion, but weren't you the same one who once stated, "Cam will not play against Georgia," circa 2010? That was pretty lousy season, and Preacherman should have been given his walking papers at the conclusion of season.
106812063_original.jpg

If community leaders truly cared about addressing the issue, they would be educating individuals in their community on how to appropriately interact with police.

What dream world do you live in? Those are your exact words.

Not surprising that you can't deal with some things if you would even suggest that.

Sick of scum and lowlife daring to lecture us about how we manage them. You choose to be a cocky POS, you WILL get dealt with in the appropriate manner. Why " he shoot that man?" BEACAUSE HE WASN'T LISTENING TO LEO'S. Quit being criminal and start listening!
Were you a member of Hitler's Brown Shirts in a past life or something? Jeeeze, man.

Reactions: fdawg1103

Not surprising that you can't deal with some things if you would even suggest that.
What in the hell are you even talking about? How is it a dream world to expect people to know how to interact with the police? Sorry if you see that as an unreasonable bar to reach. Then again you support a party that has low expectations of minority communities.

Last edited:
As a former Field Training Officer with Jefferson County, Alabama, we trust your opinion, but weren't you the same one who once stated, "Cam will not play against Georgia," circa 2010? That was pretty lousy season, and Preacherman should have been given his walking papers at the conclusion of season.
106812063_original.jpg

i knee Cam was going to play . I just wanted to get y’all hopes up . I knew auburn was going to beat us and they did . I wanted to play with y’all emotion.

I did it on purpose.

Were you a member of Hitler's Brown Shirts in a past life or something? Jeeeze, man.
I don't believe in Reincarnation Roy, but let me tell you what I do believe in: I don't believe in throngs of lawless people that choose to constantly excuse their bad behavior by switching the narrative to the brutal police. It is an old tactic to justify their pitiful bottom half of their culture that is nothing more than a burden to this country.

But, please defend that BS some more. It is clear to me that you are nothing more than an apologist that will defend lawlessness to the bitter end. Brown shirts, ha, that's rich!

Last edited:
What in the hell are you even talking about? How is it a dream world to expect people to know how to interact with the police? Sorry if you see that as an unreasonable bar to reach. Then again you support a party that had low expectations of poor communities.

I don't support any party and have stated that before. But that hasn't stopped you.

It's not unreasonable to expect people to know how to react. What's unreasonable is to think that a community is going to educate the individuals in the community. How do you suggest they do it? People don't even follow the rules of the community anymore and that's not directed at poor or rich communities, but all communities.

Spe77 is spot on. You honestly think police are out cruising looking to kill black people? Seems their is a healthy portion of the current young black generation that believes police should not be allowed to tell them what to do in a stop. If you comply with a police officer, the outcome will be positive, but again and again we see these individuals that very STUPIDLY disobey cops even when their guns are drawn, makes ZERO sense.

I don't believe in Reincarnation Roy, but let me tell you what I do believe in: I don't believe in throngs of lawless people that choose to constantly excuse their bad behavior by switching the narrative to the brutal police. It is an old tactic to justify their pitiful bottom half of their culture that nothing more than a burden to this country.

But, please defend that BS some more. It is clear to me that you nothing more than an apologist that will defend lawlessness to the bitter end. Brown shirts, ha, that's rich!
I'm not apologizing nor am I defending lawlessness... there's a line that no demonstrator should cross. What I am going to defend is the right to protest and assemble which the Founding Fathers thought enough of to place it in the Constitution. Meanwhile, the po-po keep on repeating the same bad decisions with similar outcomes and we wonder why it leads to rioting? I think if you dig back far enough you'll likely discover that your ancestors were part of a Bottom Half at one time or another. I'm sure they didn't look at themselves as a burden... especially if they had a path out.

I'm not apologizing nor am I defending lawlessness... there's a line that no demonstrator should cross. What I am going to defend is the right to protest and assemble which the Founding Fathers thought enough of to place it in the Constitution. Meanwhile, the po-po keep on repeating the same bad decisions with similar outcomes and we wonder why it leads to rioting? I think if you dig back far enough you'll likely discover that your ancestors were part of a Bottom Half at one time or another. I'm sure they didn't look at themselves as a burden... especially if they had a path out.
None of this is on the Po Po Roy and you know it. Excuse the brain dead miscreants if you must. I shall stand by law and order and those whose difficult job it is to administer it!

None of this is on the Po Po Roy and you know it. Excuse the brain dead miscreants if you must. I shall stand by law and order and those whose difficult job it is to administer it!
Yes, cops have a difficult job. But that isn't any less of an excuse than rioters claiming they have a right to cause destruction, yes?

Yes, cops have a difficult job. But that isn't any less of an excuse than rioters claiming they have a right to cause destruction, yes?
I disagree with that comparison Roy, but at least I can chit chat with you, more than I can say for some guys around here. And, I respect your feelings and beliefs as it is very important that we all accept and listen more.

I also thought it was reported taser had no effect. Bottom line I wouldn’t be a cop. No way to win in this situation

Spe77 is spot on. You honestly think police are out cruising looking to kill black people? Seems their is a healthy portion of the current young black generation that believes police should not be allowed to tell them what to do in a stop. If you comply with a police officer, the outcome will be positive, but again and again we see these individuals that very STUPIDLY disobey cops even when their guns are drawn, makes ZERO sense.

Well, if you think that communities should be educating individuals how to interact with the police, please tell me how they should be doing that educating. That's what Spe77 said that I addressed.

You did not address that, but once again deflected to something else. I didn't say anything about the behavior of police, so do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I assume the police are out to do their job. No kidding - if you comply with a police officer the results will be much better and a lot of these problems won't happen. But that's not what Spe77 said in the comment I was addressing.

I disagree with that comparison Roy, but at least I can chit chat with you, more than I can say for some guys around here. And, I respect your feelings and beliefs as it is very important that we all accept and listen more.
There is NOTHING wrong with disagreement or even with disent or civil protests as they form the very fiber of our Constitution. The Debil is always in the details of the give and take of reaching compromise. I'm a slightly right Centrist and when either party clings to a narrow extreme views disregarding all others it's dangerous on multiple levels. Inclusion and bipartisanship is what's required... something missing around DCand in the U.S. in general since 2010. One thing for all to remember is, "The U.S. is always fluid."

Reactions: dogstud
That don’t look good. I hope there was a gun in the door or under the seat . If not I think this may have been a oops I thought I had my taser but the taser doesn’t go pop pop .

Resisting doesn’t give an officer a reason to use deadly force. Unless the officer ability doesn’t match the suspects ability. Meaning the suspect is showing he maybe a black belt and you ain’t no black belt fighter and OC spray or taser or baton had no effect .

I need to know what was in the vehicle. Right now I don’t think it looks good .

Oh BS. The cops didn't know what he was going to do. He ignored instructions to stop. Good enough.

His three sons under the age 8 were in the car. And it was one of them's birthday. Happy Birthday.

Oh BS. The cops didn't know what he was going to do. He ignored instructions to stop. Good enough.
Fortunately for us the courts have said that's NOT GOOD ENOUGH and it's beyond stupid to assume that is a valid reason to shoot someone. The po-po are not some type of Storm Trooper. They have a very difficult job but immediately deferring to a sidearm is not what they should be doing and most don't do as you advocate thank God.

Reactions: fdawg1103
I don't support any party and have stated that before. But that hasn't stopped you.

It's not unreasonable to expect people to know how to react. What's unreasonable is to think that a community is going to educate the individuals in the community. How do you suggest they do it? People don't even follow the rules of the community anymore and that's not directed at poor or rich communities, but all communities.
Your collective posts on this message board would certainly suggest that you support the democrat party or at least liberal policies and candidates.

Again you’re showing that you have low expectations for certain communities. If you go back to my original post I specifically said community leaders. We are suffering from a corrupt culture that values many of the wrong things and it damn sure doesn’t help that many leaders in these communities keep telling them that the system is against them. These leaders should be preaching to their community to stop with the bullshit bravado when you’re stopped by the police. It also wouldn’t hurt if jackasses like LeBron James would preach this message instead of blaming systemic racism all the damn time! Liberal politicians, many in the entertainment industry, and many in education keep pouring gas on the flame by blaming everything on systemic racism. All of the energy and effort focused on changing the supposedly racist system could be better focused on changing the culture and values of the communities that are suffering.

By the way, I haven’t noticed you offering any solutions to the problem.

Last edited:
Fortunately for us the courts have said that's NOT GOOD ENOUGH and it's beyond stupid to assume that is a valid reason to shoot someone. The po-po are not some type of Storm Trooper. They have a very difficult job but immediately deferring to a sidearm is not what they should be doing and most don't do as you advocate thank God.
You're wrong. Cops make a mistake and they don't go home to their family. If your child were a cop, I bet you'd feel differently. You go reaching in a car after being told to stop, you get what's coming. Comply and don't die.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
His three sons under the age 8 were in the car. And it was one of them's birthday. Happy Birthday.
And he wouldn’t have ruined his son’s birthday if he hadn’t decided to resist arrest and reach into his vehicle. Tragic yes but his actions led to the police officer having to make a split second judgment call. As I’ve stated previously, we can debate the officer’s action, but the most important action that led to the shooting was him resisting arrest and reaching into his vehicle. That is not debatable.

Edit* The individual apparently didn’t die in the shooting and is in the hospital.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Your collective posts on this message board would certainly suggest that you support the democrat party or at least liberal policies and candidates.

Again you’re showing that you have low expectations for certain communities. If you go back to my original post I specifically said community leaders. We are suffering from a corrupt culture that values many of the wrong things and it damn sure doesn’t help that many leaders in these communities keep telling them that the system is against them. These leaders should be preaching to their community to stop with the bullshit bravado when you’re stopped by the police. It also wouldn’t hurt if jackasses like LeBron James would preach this message instead of blaming systemic racism all the damn time! Liberal politicians, many in the entertainment industry, and many in education keep pouring gas on the flame blaming everything on systemic racism. All of the energy and effort focused on changing the supposedly racist system which could be better focused on changing the culture and values of the communities that are suffering.

By the way, I haven’t noticed you offering any solutions to the problem.

To make it clear, I think Trump is not worthy of being President and representing this country. I don't think I need to repeat the details.

So your solution to these police shootings is that the community leaders should be preaching to their community. As I said earlier, you are dreaming. You think if they say "stop with the bullshit bravado when you're stopped by the police" that's going to solve the problem.

And you sure continue to go off the track and now you are sounding racist. I'm not making any such statements, but you are. And Trump has caused a lot of these problems, but I'm not going any further because that is getting off the track and I'm trying to avoid that.

My first response was that I didn't think you were realistic in what you said (which I still do). I'm not going any further down your rabbit hole.

To make it clear, I think Trump is not worthy of being President and representing this country. I don't think I need to repeat the details.

So your solution to these police shootings is that the community leaders should be preaching to their community. As I said earlier, you are dreaming. You think if they say "stop with the bullshit bravado when you're stopped by the police" that's going to solve the problem.

And you sure continue to go off the track and now you are sounding racist. I'm not making any such statements, but you are. And Trump has caused a lot of these problems, but I'm not going any further because that is getting off the track and I'm trying to avoid that.

My first response was that I didn't think you were realistic in what you said (which I still do). I'm not going any further down your rabbit hole.
Don’t project your racism on me. I’m not the one who has low expectations for the black community. I certainly think that all communities can learn civility and how to interact with police officers. What I’m proposing certainly wouldn’t fix the problem overnight because you cannot change culture and values overnight. However, you most definitely can stop sending the message that it’s systemic racism that’s at fault instead of personal responsibility. So Trump is responsible for the issues that have existed in many cities for decades? That’s just idiotic. Of course you don’t want to go any further because you haven’t suggested one thought regarding a solution as you likely don’t have any thoughts on the matter other than blah, blah, blah, Trump’s responsible and you disagree with me so you sound racist. You’re a twat.

The electoral college disagrees with you.

Reactions: Spe77
Don’t project your racism on me. I’m not the one who has low expectations for the black community. I certainly think that all communities can learn civility and how to interact with police officers. What I’m proposing certainly wouldn’t fix the problem overnight because you cannot change culture and values overnight. However, you most definitely can stop sending the message that it’s systemic racism that’s at fault instead of personal responsibility. So Trump is responsible for the issues that have existed in many cities for decades? That’s just idiotic. Of course you don’t want to go any further because you haven’t suggested one thought regarding a solution as you likely don’t have any thoughts on the matter other than blah, blah, blah, Trump’s responsible and you disagree with me so you sound racist. You’re a twat.

Do you realize you now refer to the black community, when we have just been talking about communities? And why is that?

Who is sending the message about racism? You have made this into a race issue. Just go back to your last reply.

But not the people who voted in the last election.

funny how folks think a majority is somehow a win in presidential voting. Thank goodness a handful of states and cities can’t subvert the will of the entire US. I suppose you don’t like that either.

Do you realize you now refer to the black community, when we have just been talking about communities? And why is that?

Who is sending the message about racism? You have made this into a race issue. Just go back to your last reply.
Well the last time I checked we have Black Lives Matter protests and riots sweeping the nation for the past couple of months. The shooting that’s being discussed in this thread was of a black male. You really are pathetic. This whole damn issue has been about race because the left and jackasses like you have made it about race. I would say don’t play dumb, but in your case you’re not acting. My message about how we should interact with police certainly applies to all communities, but the current narrative by the media and like is of police shootings of black individuals. You always know when a liberal is losing an argument when they start projecting racism. Take a knee...pun intended.

Last edited:
funny how folks think a majority is somehow a win in presidential voting. Thank goodness a handful of states and cities can’t subvert the will of the entire US. I suppose you don’t like that either.

I don't have a big problem with the Electoral College and understand why it was designed. However, in some elections like this one, it seems like votes in many states won't count for much as the winner is pretty clear. So all the attention goes to a few states that are thought to decide the election. I am not sure I like that, but it's certainly the consequence.

Uh well last time I checked we have Black Lives Matter protests and riots sweeping the nation for the past couple of months. The shooting that’s being discussed in this thread was of a black male. You really are pathetic. This whole damn issue has been about race because the left and jackasses like you have made it about race. I would say don’t play dumb, but in your case you’re not acting. My message about how we should interact with police certainly applies to all communities, but the current narrative by the media and like is of police shootings of black individuals. You always know when a liberal is losing an argument when they start projecting racism. Take a knee...pun intended.

Boy are you thick headed. I did not participate in the discussion of the shooting, but you keep going in that general direction.

I thought you made a foolish statement and haven't changed my mind.

When you say the Left has made it about race, you have made it about race by looking at it that way. And you brought it up in our exchanges, but you continue to be blind to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT