ADVERTISEMENT

CHAT inquiry: Was Soylent Green the greatest film produced in 1973?

No sir.

In1973, Ned Beatty followed up his 1972 tour de force Deliverance performance in White Lightning bringing Burt Reynolds and Beatty together again on the big screen. Reynold holds his own in his role as Gator McKlusky as he shares the screen with Beatty, the greatest film actor of his generation.

Papillon was pretty good.
Live and Let Die came out that year.
And Westworld.
th

No sir.

In1973, Ned Beatty followed up his 1972 tour de force Deliverance performance in White Lightning bringing Burt Reynolds and Beatty together again on the big screen. Reynold holds his own in his role as Gator McKlusky as he shares the screen with Beatty, the greatest film actor of his generation.

Ned Beaty lived in the California woods, and ground his own hamburger meat.
A Great American.
Everybody loved Gater McCluskey

No sir.

Burt just wanted that "shakey puddin'"

I was there . . . American Graffiti ruled popular culture, though Soyent Green and the other movies mentioned were good. That's when you could go to a drive in, and not watch the movie.

Edit: they say the Exocist is pretty scary. I never "saw" it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
I was there . . . American Graffiti ruled popular culture, though Soyent Green and the other movies mentioned were good. That's when you could go to a drive in, and not watch the movie.

Edit: they say the Exocist is pretty scary. I never "saw" it ;)
Exorcist may not have aged spectacularly, but it would still spook me a little if I watched it tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT