ADVERTISEMENT

Checking in from Gainesville....

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
Just after I'd gotten off the interstate I saw on Twitter that the game was cancelled for tonight. Wasn't a huge shock, unfortunately. Each time I looked at the weather on the drive down, it certainly appeared that we were going to be socked in for awhile. There's A LOT of rain out there. We should be good for tomorrow though. I don't mind double headers... It's fun to spend the day at the park. It'll be one of those weird deals tomorrow with game 2 being on TV where, if game one runs long, they'll have to halt it so they can start game two, then finish game one afterward. Given the pace at which Florida is sometimes known to play under O'Sullivan, I was a little surprised that we aren't starting at 2:00p tomorrow instead of 3:00p. Much better to play the DH on Saturday, though.... I'm not a fan of the two 7 inning game format that we'd have to play if we were doing a DH Sunday (although, I wonder how that would work given that Sunday is also televised. I don't imagine that ESPN would be too wild about getting a 7 inning game...)

I tell you, it rained the ENTIRE way down here... In South Ga, between Tifton and Adel, it was practically raining sideways. I think they're going to have some significant flooding in south Georgia too, based on what I saw....

Anyway, smoke 'em if you got 'em, I guess. HUGE day tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News