ADVERTISEMENT

CKS hired Monken from the Browns. This is a.......

Definitely not looking over his shoulder. This makes 2 ex- head coaches on staff. It will be interesting to see what he does with Coley. My guess, QB coach.

Hope it works out, demotions seldom do....
Monken has QB coaching experience. After Fromm's regression under Coley's tutelage, I'll take my chances on a guy I don't know a lot about. Agree about demotions. My guess is co-OC and special teams for Coley.

Definitely not looking over his shoulder. This makes 2 ex- head coaches on staff. It will be interesting to see what he does with Coley. My guess, QB coach.

Hope it works out, demotions seldom do....
Schlabach and others you have to pay for say Monken will be calling plays. Thank goodness, whoeverdahell Monken is. I wouldn't care if it was Monkey.

Hope Monk ain't another [redacted] ....
0110webdgeorgiacoach7779450053_t400_h13a545182c3445090e2d69de430e6a1150dc7176.jpg

some say preacher wood still be at Georgia if not for that hire
richt.jpg

Last edited:
Hope Monk ain't another Schottenheimer ....
0110webdgeorgiacoach7779450053_t400_h13a545182c3445090e2d69de430e6a1150dc7176.jpg

some say preacher wood still be at Georgia if not for that hire
richt.jpg
I spose you never know, but i think we were in "do something, do anything" mode. Little I've read about Monken sounds good. Apparently prefers an attacking style of offense, which sounds better than our 2019 Prevent Offense.

Whohoo! To paraphrase duck, "Do something, even if it's wrong."

Or to quote the good General: "A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan executed next week."

I misjudged CKS on this one. Kudos to him.

Then there's the half-empty glass:

Despite possessing a plethora of weapons in Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, the Browns offense struggled throughout the 2019 campaign, ranking 22nd in both yardage and scoring as Cleveland amassed a disappointing 6-10 record.

Edit: Poor Cleveland offense not Monken's fault. From another article:

This past year, Monken worked for Freddie Kitchens, who called plays for the Browns before being fired a few weeks ago.

The season before, Monken served as the offensive coordinator with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2018, the Bucs averaged 320 yards passing with quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Or to quote the good General: "A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan executed next week."

Then there's the half-emoty glass:

Despite possessing a plethora of weapons in Mayfield, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, the Browns offense struggled throughout the 2019 campaign, ranking 22nd in both yardage and scoring as Cleveland amassed a disappointing 6-10 record.

Great quote, my Dad use to say the same....God bless his soul.

Last edited:

Then there's the half-empty glass:

Edit: Poor Cleveland offense not Monken's fault. From another article:

This past year, Monken worked for Freddie Kitchens, who called plays for the Browns before being fired a few weeks ago.

The season before, Monken served as the offensive coordinator with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2018, the Bucs averaged 320 yards passing with quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
I like the move. Monken's resume sounds better than Coley's Al Golden tree. I was worried we could not get anybody to come argue over plays on the headset while the QB is standing on the field making the WTF gesture toward the sideline.

Don't know Monken but would guess he knows more offensivefootball than all on this board with the exception of Roy Mercer and a few more.

May be true of Chatters, but to our credit we figured out last September that Swift's head being extracted from OL ass with the jaws of life was not a winning formula...........yet the esteemed millionaires in Athens never caught on.

With modern technology and such, ain't no reason why we can't use Waycross chat polls with time limits to call plays from our couches. The money saved by firing a few overpaid assistants can be used to hand out free beer to students on game days.

Chat offensive schemes and drunken sorority sisters........what can go wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT