ADVERTISEMENT

Clem's sons early thoughts on the UGA opener....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Clem Jr. -
Well, the dust has settled!

I think you'd be a dang fool to say that UGA wasn't one of the best 4 teams; just coudln't win the one dadgum game that mattered... lol Losers!

On the other hand, I think you could say that Clemson (slightly) underperformed (national) pre-season expectations (as I recall we were ranked like #9.)
Now, UGA wasn't the same UGA as last year. I think Carson Beck is relatively pedestrian at QB.

The Tigers will have an older wiser QB, a better coached OL, (hopefully) Mafah, and (fingers crossed) really solid WRs. Possibly GRREEEAT WRs but I'm going to be a little less optimistic.

My prediction: I have no clue. What do you think?

Clemmy the Greek:
if Clemson makes strides and the coaching improvements matter we lose by 7 to 10.

If the same Clemson team as this past season shows up, we lose by 25 to 35

Clem Cubelic: Which Offensive line plays best will determine the winner.

Clemford Cleeve: Carson Beck finished ranked 7th nationally. Seems better than "pedestrian." As for the game, these teams are simply not in the same place right now. I think Clemson will have the defense to stick around for a half. Eventually Georgia's talent and depth show up. I'd pick the Dawgs 34 - 20.

Clembo Swinney: This game was already lost when we missed on good portal OL***

Clemsmond Howard: UGA sucks, SEC sucks and Clemson wins 34-21

Clemus from Clayton, Georgia:
I think it's a loss, the only question is whether it's by 7 or 24. Unfortunately I don't think our OL will give Cade enough time. Even with a full year under his belt, I just don't think he's going to be fast enough, and I think our WR will not get enough separation, to be competitive. I *really* hope I'm wrong; I'm getting really tired of my UGA-loving uncle and my neighbors.
I think the OL will be MUCH better. But by game one? Not seeing it.

Clemmie Johnson: There is nothing on paper that shows we can beat Georgia because they are a race car that just refills every year. No way to know what will happen but if we can keep it close, who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News