ADVERTISEMENT

"Climate change is the cause of Child Marriage"-Chelsea Clinton

So at first I assumed this was nuts but I decided to look it up on the google machine because this sounded so ridiculous to me I had to know what she was talking about.

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/hidden-connections-climate-change-child-marriage-bangladesh/

Essentially what this article (which discusses a documentary) claims is that in places like Bangladesh, which is losing land due to flooding, farming families are losing income and are thus marrying off their children at younger ages.

As the article puts it "When men who depend on farming for an income are forcibly unemployed due to flooding or droughts, they or their families may turn to dowry as a means of income."

Now, whether you agree that we have climate change or not, the loss of farmland in Bangladesh is a real phenomenon and does seem to be leading to more children marrying.

So at first I assumed this was nuts but I decided to look it up on the google machine because this sounded so ridiculous to me I had to know what she was talking about.

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/hidden-connections-climate-change-child-marriage-bangladesh/

Essentially what this article (which discusses a documentary) claims is that in places like Bangladesh, which is losing land due to flooding, farming families are losing income and are thus marrying off their children at younger ages.

As the article puts it "When men who depend on farming for an income are forcibly unemployed due to flooding or droughts, they or their families may turn to dowry as a means of income."

Now, whether you agree that we have climate change or not, the loss of farmland in Bangladesh is a real phenomenon and does seem to be leading to more children marrying.

Not buying it. Doesn't make sense. Its all speculation. Besides that, its about droughts and or floods......They have happened since he beginning of time.

Last edited:
So the underlying story here is that climate change is causing environmental disruption and economic hardship, which among other things is leading people in Bangladesh to marry off their children at younger ages. And this is crazy why?

Yeah, but now they're happening more frequently and with more intensity because of global warming, Dumbass.

No, its not. You're a useful idiot.. Probably a 20 something . The liberals depend on the stupid....stop being stupid

So the underlying story here is that climate change is causing environmental disruption and economic hardship, which among other things is leading people in Bangladesh to marry off their children at younger ages. And this is crazy why?

Because the climate has change since the beginning of the world......The climate always changes.....But this HOAX has been renamed so many times its just funny to anyone paying attention,. Lets see...Global cooling, Climate disruption, Global Warming.......they finally settled on Climate change.......and it caused EVERYTHING.....To cold? Climate change....To warm...Climate change...To many storms ...Climate change.....not enough storms...Climate change...Terrorism...Climate change

Its fcking STUPID

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
When some global warming ignorant sissy numnuts screwball,tell me what happened to all of the ice ages that have occurred during history, you never hear that it's just that's the way it is,earth and Mother Nature are going to do what they have done throughout history, we have no control over climate, the fruits and nuts can't accept ''tis fact, may they all roast in hades

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
The underlying story - Are you f'ing kidding me? Stay tuned for more dumbassadry from the one and only StumpJump

When some global warming ignorant sissy numnuts screwball,tell me what happened to all of the ice ages that have occurred during history, you never hear that it's just that's the way it is,earth and Mother Nature are going to do what they have done throughout history, we have no control over climate, the fruits and nuts can't accept ''tis fact, may they all roast in hades
Wow........

and there are people that take this Fat, ugly moonbat seriously.

that is not a quote.
silly even trying to web the climate change - marriage age
(by freakin Bangladeshi) into a concise point.
...because even though both are true:
1. climate change - sure
2. Bangladesh marriage stats - ok
again, try putting the two issues into a one - two punch.?

Land loss there is not because of climate change, it is population increases. When are we going to stop backing climate change. It is only a new tax base. Look who backs it ,people flying in on private planes, 14 car convoys, telling you how bad you are ,but we need the 14 car convoy, you guys can use public transportation.

Land loss there is not because of climate change, it is population increases. When are we going to stop backing climate change. It is only a new tax base. Look who backs it ,people flying in on private planes, 14 car convoys, telling you how bad you are ,but we need the 14 car convoy, you guys can use public transportation.

Climate change is nothing more than political. Its not a surprising that every solution to this HOAX is the economic playbook of the left. More taxes, more regulation, more gov control. The left knows how stupid and or ignorant their followers are and they exploit it.

There is ZERO evidence that man is causing ...well...changes in the weather. It truly is the most laughable BS the left puts out.......But its really sad to see the number of ppl that buy this bullshit

Climate change is nothing more than political. Its not a surprising that every solution to this HOAX is the economic playbook of the left. More taxes, more regulation, more gov control.

This is the opposite of the truth. Yes, dealing with climate change will require some government regulation, as well as international cooperation. The right-wing extremists who have taken over the Republican party think government is always bad, so they can't accept the existence of any problems that require it. Conservative parties everywhere else in the developed world don't deny climate change.

The left knows how stupid and or ignorant their followers are and they exploit it.

Go look in a mirror, Pal. Then go to whatever fossil-fuel-funded right-wing website you get your talking points from and see if they can tell you what to say next.

There is ZERO evidence that man is causing ...well...changes in the weather. It truly is the most laughable BS the left puts out.......But its really sad to see the number of ppl that buy this bullshit

There is tremendous evidence that human action is causing global warming. That is why there is an overwhelming scientific consensus on this issue, reflecting the best thinking of the best qualified experts, that has only gotten stronger over time.

This is the opposite of the truth. Yes, dealing with climate change will require some government regulation, as well as international cooperation. The right-wing extremists who have taken over the Republican party think government is always bad, so they can't accept the existence of any problems that require it. Conservative parties everywhere else in the developed world don't deny climate change.

Go look in a mirror, Pal. Then go to whatever fossil-fuel-funded right-wing website you get your talking points from and see if they can tell you what to say next.

There is tremendous evidence that human action is causing global warming. That is why there is an overwhelming scientific consensus on this issue, reflecting the best thinking of the best qualified experts, that has only gotten stronger over time.

LOL, I knew you'd step into it. Next you'll be pointing out that 95% of scientist agree BS

Look, consensus isn't SCIENCE. Science is SCIENCE,, Besides that, there is not consensus. You are a useful idiot. There is not a single piece on this HOAX that says its a fact...If you could think you'd notice they always use an off ramp "Could be" likely" etc. You can also go and research their dire predictions over the last 40 or 50 years, You won't find a single one thats ever came true

They use to make these nutty predictions in ten year increments, not they go out a hundred years because they know they'll be no one alive to remember. You seriously have to be a real stupid person to buy into this BS.

So you buy into that BS all you want, but the fact is they simply want more of Taxpayer money and more control over our everyday lives,,,its the same with Healthcare. To bad we have so many snot nose stupid fcks around

Reactions: Thenumber34

98% of scientific consensus also said the world was flat.World population is our problem, it is being called climate change. That is why the world massive migration has happened. That is why cultures has to be broken down, no French culture ,English culture, we have been told by Obama we have no culture in America we are just a great gathering of people from all over. The world has got to change in order to accomdate the extreme increase in population over the next 100 years, They will require food and shelter oh and Obama care. So call it climate change or fiction science, the people are still coming.

Reactions: Thenumber34
LOL, I knew you'd step into it. Next you'll be pointing out that 95% of scientist agree BS

Look, consensus isn't SCIENCE. Science is SCIENCE,, Besides that, there is not consensus. You are a useful idiot. There is not a single piece on this HOAX that says its a fact...If you could think you'd notice they always use an off ramp "Could be" likely" etc. You can also go and research their dire predictions over the last 40 or 50 years, You won't find a single one thats ever came true

They use to make these nutty predictions in ten year increments, not they go out a hundred years because they know they'll be no one alive to remember. You seriously have to be a real stupid person to buy into this BS.

So you buy into that BS all you want, but the fact is they simply want more of Taxpayer money and more control over our everyday lives,,,its the same with Healthcare. To bad we have so many snot nose stupid fcks around

Derp Derp Derp

ADVERTISEMENT