ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Oconee Little League, 12 year old state champions.

I think Kirby’s son is on the team. Anybody got a link to the roster and coaches. Next round is SE regional.
The only thing wrong is that the term “Little League” is a misnomer.

The little league champions are travel team vested players. They play together all year and travel regionally and some nationally. The days of playing at the park for a tram and park votes an Allstar team are over. These players have trainers and much money invested in their success.

Not a problem, but these kids aren’t playing in Rex play leagues.

Little league exists, but those kids aren’t playing on these teams.

It doesn’t take away from what these kids have accomplished. But it ain’t Little League.

The only thing wrong is that the term “Little League” is a misnomer.

The little league champions are travel team vested players. They play together all year and travel regionally and some nationally. The days of playing at the park for a tram and park votes an Allstar team are over. These players have trainers and much money invested in their success.

Not a problem, but these kids aren’t playing in Rex play leagues.

Little league exists, but those kids aren’t playing on these teams.

It doesn’t take away from what these kids have accomplished. But it ain’t Little League.
I agree, but that’s just the current state of Little League. My grandson plays in a rural county. He’s on a local travel ball team as well and all but 2 of the team was the LL all star team. We did pick up 2 players for all stars that were not on the travel team.
We only have about 25-30 kids that are age eligible to play and I can tell you that the allstar team was the 12 best players.
Back in my day there was always controversy when a kid made it that wasn’t deserving. I’m sure it still happens but for the most part the kids playing together in a travel team are the best players.

Many of the top Little League parks play Fall travel ball as U10 and U11 before playing LL as U12

Little league as a whole has gotten worse over the years as more kids had rather play better competition in travel ball. I know my grandson plays travel ball to get better and little league just to have fun.
But, if you go watch a regular season little league game in most districts, the level of play is poor at best and hard to watch. There are usually 2-3 decent 11-12 year olds, 4-5 that have potential and 3-4 that you think might get injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT