ADVERTISEMENT

Couldn’t possibly…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
write anything that does justice to last night. I mean, it’s like talking about Charlie Condon, you just run out of descriptors. I will say that our fan base deserved last night and had been hungry for last night for a very long time.

How about the jobs of Hoskins and Finley? Marsh is a guy, after being an afterthought most of the season, and did a wonderful job getting out of the 9th. But Marsh has gotten big outs for this year. Hoskins really hasn’t. In that spot, the 9th inning, with a guy on base, you’re putting him out there and asking him to trust his stuff and trust himself - though without any real experience to draw from. It wasn’t perfect, but he got two outs and kept the run off the board.

Then Finley, who hasn’t pitched in relief all year, is averaging 1 HR allowed per appearance, didn’t pitch well against tech in March, and apparently struggled with nerves on Friday… came on put out the fire in the 10th. And it really wasn’t very stressful.

The mental toughness that last night required… you just can’t say enough about it.

I’m past the point of my life where I’m going to literally lose sleep over Georgia baseball. But I will say that I slept like a baby after we won the finale in College Station, and then again last night. What a hell of a fun ride

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.