ADVERTISEMENT

Cover 3 guys on the Bama/Georgia game....(It's interesting they didn't mention either team's RBs aside from Haynes blocking)

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Fornelli: How healthy is Georgia? Ratledge is out. Williams is banged up. Right now from what we have seen I have more confidence in Bama than Georgia. There have been games in the past where Georgia slept walk against opponents in the first half, but then they got things together and turned on the death machine and slowly suffocated them in the second half. That's now what happened in Lexington. They struggled the entire game. We still don't know how good Clemson really is and it kind of felt like the Clemson defense just quit once they realized their offense wasn't gonna score. Milroe is still limited, but he's getting better under DeBoer. Passing game is still deep shots or nothing, but it's been really effective. And Alabama has something on Georgia. They're the one team that gives them problems. Georgia's been lackluster up front on defense and Bama's Oline is not great but is improving. I have less questions about Bama at 4 than Georgia at 2. I have a whole lotta questions for a team to be ranked that high.

Danny K. - You know what Bama has on Georgia? Equal talent. Georgia doesn't face anyone that can match up with them across the field usually. But Bama has four and five stars everywhere. It is easy to forget what they did against Clemson. They did dominate them and Clemson has looked better since then. I never thought I would say this. In this game specifically, I feel better about Alabama's QB than Georgia's. Not from an NFL perspective, but just this game. What he's working with, what he brings to the table, where the game is, how he's looked so far...... that gives Bama the QB edge.

Elliot: Is Bama's offensive coaching edge over Georgia greater than Georgia's defensive coaching edge over Bama? I don't think Bobo is a bad OC, but I certainly don't think he's an amazing OC. DeBoer is an amazing OC. DeBoer's kind of like, "I'll beat you with mine or I can beat you with yours and still score points." I think the question is "Who can hit the deep shots better?" The speed both of these teams have at LBer is not normal. Georgia tried to spy him like crazy and that didn't work real well. I anticipate they will try to light him up this time and see if he can hit deep shots. I think Brinson and Williams will play. It's not something I've heard for sure, but just based on people I've talked to. I think the team that hits deep shots here is gonna win the game. Let's recall Bama's secondary has had problems. They allowed open receivers vs. W. Kentucky, S. Florida and Wisconsin's QB got hurt in the first quarter.
WKU was starting the wrong QB. He got hurt later and the backup has played better. S. Florida's QB had open guys all night, but couldn't hit them. I don't think Georgia's WRs are great, but they're better than Alabama's dbs. Alabama hasn't faced anyone competent at throwing the deep ball this year. If they let these WRs do what others have done previously, Beck will hit them.

Fornelli: Georgia's interior OL has been good this year, but I don't think their tackles have done well at all, especially in pass pro. None of UGA's WRs scare me. Delp has really let me down. I look at Georgia's tackles vs. Bama's D and feel like Beck is going to have to be incredible for Georgia to win. I can't see a blow out happening either way. If it's gonna be a deep ball battle, even though I think Beck is the better passer, Milroe is in the better situation.

Elliott: They're gonna run the hell out of Jalen Milroe. DeBoer will mold his offense to his players. He's just trying to win ball games and score points. Three times in the last decade a DeBoer QB has rushed for a 1000 yards and/or been the leading rusher on the team. I do think a blowout is possible for either team due to the high variance approach of what I've described as the key to the game.

Chip P.- I think Ryan Williams is the best WR in this game. I think any of the other WRs on both sides could have a big game, but Ryan Williams is so special. You get Ryan Williams in a look that he likes and you let Milroe just chuck it up there. That's gonna be there in this game for Alabama. I think there will be a lot of points in this game.

Bud E.: I am curious about Alabama's OL. They've looked pretty good. But Wisconsin's DL sucks. USF blitzes like crazy, so we didn't see what Bama can do vs. four man pressure that much. We don't know if Bama's offense can operate if Georgia gets home with four. Georgia, on the other hand, has faced two legit pass rushes. UK and Clemson have multiple defensive lineman that will play in the NFL. I don't feel as good about UGA's OL as I did in the preseason, but Bama's OL has not been tested.

Fornelli: What Alabama does have is Justice Haynes. When it comes to picking up a blitz, he's very good and very eager.

Danny K.- They still miss McConkey and Bowers. Beck still hasn't found that go to guy yet. Maybe he finds it in this game. Still feels like they lack the go to guy in the critical situation.

Chip P.- You got the pressure in this game. Kirby coming to Alabama in the first game with no Saban. Alabama's first big game since Saban. There is pressure for DeBoer. I feel like it's important for Alabama to get off to a good start cause road teams love just coming in and shutting you up. Georgia gets out early and it could be a home field disadvantage.

Danny K.- It's the best feeling in the world. I loved playing at home, but being able to go into a place like that, and hearing the crowd and feeling that electricity and being able to silence it. There's nothing like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.