ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and CDC

#170000DeadAmericans

#PleaseFeelGuilty

Here they come to give you a deep dive into the minutia of the numbers for why we should wear masks until 2026.

But but but....one death is too many!!! And that’s why you are right, we should all hibernate in our homes until all danger has passed. Whenever that is. We just have to trust that they are looking out for us and want the best for us.

Going to Denver. We are flying. Our friends, who we are meeting there, are driving there because they are afraid of the virus and flying.

Poll: Who is most at risk?

You need better friends.

Covid is the 3rd leading cause of death this year.People should do whatever they want to.

I have been arguing it’s not that deadly for four months - there would be millions dead in densely populated third world countries (think of the slums of Rio or Calcutta) if COVID was as deadly as they would have us believe.

That said, I am wearing a mask in order to follow the rules and be polite to others who don’t share my views.

I have been arguing it’s not that deadly for four months - there would be millions dead in densely populated third world countries (think of the slums of Rio or Calcutta) if COVID was as deadly as they would have us believe.

That said, I am wearing a mask in order to follow the rules and be polite to others who don’t share my views.
Holy hell someone else with just some basic common sense and courtesy. No one is changing anyone’s else’s mind about this crap or if the mask are effective or not, but dang just wear one and give people some space of consideration. It ain’t that hard.

The million dollar question is why? It would be interesting to see the phone records and emails of the big10 “voters” that canceled football up north. There is more to this than we are afraid for the players.

I flew to Utah in late July on American. Everyone had masks on and it was smooth flying. There are numerous articles out that confirm the chances of contracting COVID-19 on a flight are slim. Most have to do with mask requirements and design of the air flow system on the airliners. I’ll fly again today if needed with no reservation.
Going to Denver. We are flying. Our friends, who we are meeting there, are driving there because they are afraid of the virus and flying.

Poll: Who is most at risk?

There not that bad. But as soon as I leave the my job, I take that bad boy off and breath some fresh air outside.

Actually the CDC has come out and said that less than 10,000 deaths were directly caused by Covid.

Why don't you get your facts correct before posting something that is misleading.

They said that for 6% of the deaths, COVID was the only cause mentioned. I don't think they use the term directly caused by COVID. The other deaths had conditions or causes in addition to COVID,

From the link in the first post which maybe you didn't bother reading:

Comorbidities
Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

Why don't you get your facts correct before posting something that is misleading.

They said that for 6% of the deaths, COVID was the only cause mentioned. I don't think they use the term directly caused by COVID. The other deaths had conditions or causes in addition to COVID,

Comorbidities
Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

it bottles the mind how many people don't realize how prevalent comorbidities are.

a lot of folks have them without even knowing it

Reactions: celticdawg

Comorbidities
Doesn’t matter. There are only 1500 people under the age of 34 that have dies from this virus and we have brought an education system and all of it activities to a halt. INSANE!

Reactions: CleanDawg
Doesn’t matter. There are only 1500 people under the age of 34 that have dies from this virus and we have brought an education system and all of it activities to a halt. INSANE!

Doesn't matter - so we can modify the truth a little to justify something. Just like the politicians do and look where that gets us.

I get your other point that not too many in that age group are going to die. But others are possibly going to have long term problems from the virus. Unfortunately there are other issues going into decisions regarding the education system and I'm not getting into that discussion.

Actually the CDC has come out and said that less than 10,000 deaths were directly caused by Covid.
A Covid death would more than likely cause pneumonia, respiratory failure, cardiac arrest, or sepsis or all of the above and that is what actually causes the death. Those would be or rather, should be, listed on a death certificate. This 6% everyone is touting I believe is due to differences in death certificate reporting requirements across jurisdictions or personnel not taking the time to record all of the comorbidities mentioned above and even others the person may have (and not know it) like high cholesterol. I think the way this is being reported is creating a false sense of security and attempting to blame people, well look he/she was a fat ass and thus they deserved it, when overweight people can have thyroid issues, endocrine system issues, etc.

Doesn't matter - so we can modify the truth a little to justify something. Just like the politicians do and look where that gets us.

I get your other point that not too many in that age group are going to die. But others are possibly going to have long term problems from the virus. Unfortunately there are other issues going into decisions regarding the education system and I'm not getting into that discussion.
Yes. Many go to college and get sexually transmitted diseases and many get addicted to drugs and alcohol and get killed or hurt in accidents but we don’t run out shut down society over it.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities
click table 3 and see how much risk our children and college kids are at by attending school, football games and practices. This crap has to stop.
The problem is when the young interact with older folks. When professors and even janitors get it then it's far more serious. Even if they don't die they get heart and kidney etc issues.
If I was 20 again I'd just stay away from older folks and party with my friends.

The problem is when the young interact with older folks. When professors and even janitors get it then it's far more serious. Even if they don't die they get heart and kidney etc issues.
If I was 20 again I'd just stay away from older folks and party with my friends.
Agree. Much less chance of these kids interacting with their older family members off at school. People need to take precautions but not stop living. There are far greater dangers out there for our children than this. My 17 year old has gone out to eat in town. Much more worried about the drive or some perv attacking her than this virus.

Kids have a greater risk of dying in a car accident driving home after their college closed down over false positive PCR tests than dying from COVID.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
it bottles the mind how many people don't realize how prevalent comorbidities are.

a lot of folks have them without even knowing it
That is true and yet even with 1 or more comorbidities you are still very likely to survive COVID and not have any long term complications.

Holy hell someone else with just some basic common sense and courtesy. No one is changing anyone’s else’s mind about this crap or if the mask are effective or not, but dang just wear one and give people some space of consideration. It ain’t that hard.
What are you going to do to "give courtesy" after masks when they tell you the next thing to do? They know for sure we are a country of automatons now so no telling what is next. I'm all for giving people space 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year, if possible, but that has nothing to do with corona.

Reactions: WyoDawg307
I've been laughed st for a month by friends for wearing a mask. A few have asked if I do it to be funny.

I would feel awful if I was asymptomatic and gave it to someone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT