ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Death Rate in GA To Date - .2%

Leading COVID tracker followed by a lot of leading doctors projects (based on prevalence of asymptotic cases) almost 25% of GA has already been infected. Based on that, death rate in GA on total infections is .2%. 6,037 total deaths on 2,590,651 presumed cases. See link.

https://covid19-projections.com/us-ga

as long as they don’t throw them in nursing homes...

With 2.6 million cases, the one thing it proves conclusively is that masks dont work.
It even says so on every box of them. Obviously, every single peer reviewed random control trial study (the gold standard) ever conducted has already concluded that masks dont work. Science.

It also proves that COVID is FAR less deadly than flu.
The 6000 deaths in GA include all kinds of underlying conditions.
True deaths from COVID were likely less than 500.

The real numbers to look at are total deaths vs normal deaths for a year.
If this weren't election year, nobody would even know COVID exists, unless they work in the healthcare field.

Many of us have been saying this since FEB. The reason I said it this whole time is because its exactly what epidemiologists from Harvard, Stanford and Yale have been saying since FEB. I listen to actual scientists and real data, rather than politicians and government health bureaucrats.

With 2.6 million cases, the one thing it proves conclusively is that masks dont work.
It even says so on every box of them. Obviously, every single peer reviewed random control trial study (the gold standard) ever conducted has already concluded that masks dont work. Science.

It also proves that COVID is FAR less deadly than flu.
The 6000 deaths in GA include all kinds of underlying conditions.
True deaths from COVID were likely less than 500.

The real numbers to look at are total deaths vs normal deaths for a year.
If this weren't election year, nobody would even know COVID exists, unless they work in the healthcare field.

Many of us have been saying this since FEB. The reason I said it this whole time is because its exactly what epidemiologists from Harvard, Stanford and Yale have been saying since FEB. I listen to actual scientists and real data, rather than politicians and government health bureaucrats.

more than likely you are right (masks)......but it makes some feel better, they will get out more.

otherwise, thinks you would see less activity.

Reactions: ibdawg78
What am I missing here? 283k people in GA have been confirmed. There are 10 million people in Georgia

Herd immunity starts at 65% per the doctors.

Not necessarily. It burns through the super spreader crowd faster so as they start picking up immunity it starts to cut the legs out from under it and the higher risk groups don't have nearly the same R values.

Abstract
Despite various levels of preventive measures, in 2020, many countries have suffered severely from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus. Using a model, we show that population heterogeneity can affect disease-induced immunity considerably because the proportion of infected individuals in groups with the highest contact rates is greater than that in groups with low contact rates. We estimate that if R0 = 2.5 in an age-structured community with mixing rates fitted to social activity, then the disease-induced herd immunity level can be ~43%, which is substantially less than the classical herd immunity level of 60% obtained through homogeneous immunization of the population. Our estimates should be interpreted as an illustration of how population heterogeneity affects herd immunity rather than as an exact value or even a best estimate.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6505/846

What am I missing here? 283k people in GA have been confirmed. There are 10 million people in Georgia

Assumption is that confirmed cases could be an order of magnitude off due to asymptomatic and non reported cases. There wasn't a major ramp in testing until around June. The tracked numbers are heavily biased towards those that were sick enough to see a Dr and those folks are a significant minority of people that have been been infected. You have to get to the Infected rate and nobody has a hard number for that other than it's a lot higher than the tracked number.

Herd immunity starts at 65% per the doctors.

No way it's 65 percent. No way Switzerland had 65 percent. It seems to me the Stanford, Levitt guy was right on with his 20-25 percent numbers. But you only listen to blue doctors I'm sure.

No way it's 65 percent. No way Switzerland had 65 percent. It seems to me the Stanford, Levitt guy was right on with his 20-25 percent numbers. But you only listen to blue doctors I'm sure.
Yes if Dr Fauci is Blue. I guess Trump appointed him to show balance.

When has Fauci been right about anything?
Well he loves him some Hildabeast...That should set off about anyone's bullshi$ detector
3tszrz.jpg

3tszrz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT