ADVERTISEMENT

COVID in Texas - an ER executive’s perspective

Yeah, I'm sure everything's fine. Nothing to see here. And kudos to those with the courage to let us know that the virus that has killed 125,000+ Americans in four months is really no big deal.

When you’re counting deaths WITH covid and dumping thousands from months ago as PROBABLE from covid, we’re not seeing accurate numbers at all.

Hell NJ dumped nearly 1800 deaths of “probable” into the count from April just last week.

Yeah, I'm sure everything's fine. Nothing to see here. And kudos to those with the courage to let us know that the virus that has killed 125,000+ Americans in four months is really no big deal.
Years from now, we will find out the real numbers were likely have that many. And most will have been nursing home deaths. Nursing Home patients and the terminally ill, and those with compromised immune systems should STAY HOME until herd immunity stops the spread of this virus like all the others in history.

Reactions: EufaulaDawg

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

So here are three sites that measure media bias that place them in the center. I disagree and would list them as center/left. I would be curious to hear your opinion on why you find these evaluations Tyson-funny?
LOL at NPR as "center"

Of course not. We should reject what the consensus of experts say and listen to one dude who runs an ER in Texas, particularly if it conforms to our preconceived notions
Where can we find a "consensus of experts"? ALL the scientific studies say masks don't work, for instance, yet suddenly some of the politicians and govt health bureaucrats say you should wear one. Defying science. Which "experts"?

Reactions: Rick Dawg 11
Half of those were in nursing homes which was horribly mishandled . Many of the other half had other serious conditions. It’s a big deal but not big enough to shut the whole damn country down

At this point, I’m going to go ahead and assume everyone’s personal ideology greatly affects their views on this virus (at least when talking about US citizens).

Oh and the EU has banned travel into its countries by Americans, so that’s how our allies are viewing us right now.
We banned travel from them not that long ago. I think this is being overblown, but I also don't have an issue with limiting international travel for a few more months either.

Some interesting points:
**Many of the people being tested would not have even met the criteria for testing back in March and April
**Most cases are mild (allergy or cold-like) and resolve in 2-3 days
**Most hospitalized cases never go to the ICU. ICU is being filled by people with other serious conditions that delayed going to hospital because of fear.
**Discharge planners are being pressured to list COVID as primary diagnosis (every person admitted to hospital, no matter the reason, is being tested)

Who exactly is this "senior executive" in Texas? He really doesn't work with patients? HE's not a scientist or a doctor? If he wants to put his statements out there then let him come forward and substantiate them. Prove it with real numbers otherwise I'll assume the info is just bullshit or hyperbole.

Reactions: Jimy jenga

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

So here are three sites that measure media bias that place them in the center. I disagree and would list them as center/left. I would be curious to hear your opinion on why you find these evaluations Tyson-funny?
You can't blame the press because the **** Up In Command is doing just that. They're gonna follow the stories and for the last 4 years Trump Baby has provided enough untruths and outright lies or misinformation to make it easy. Washington Post is as center as it gets. They blow up everyone equally over time Pub or Dem. CBS and ABC and NBC are more center than not. Ditto NY Times. The Trumpers just can't stand being continually proven their idiotic for supporting and voting for a mentally ill person as President.

Who exactly is this "senior executive" in Texas? He really doesn't work with patients? HE's not a scientist or a doctor? If he wants to put his statements out there then let him come forward and substantiate them. Prove it with real numbers otherwise I'll assume the info is just bullshit or hyperbole.

Because he doesn’t “work with patients” he can’t comment on their utilization or the trends their doctors are seeing?

This thread has been quite eye-opening. You hear something that doesn’t sound right to you and you dismiss it as “bullshit” in part because it’s not coming from a doctor or scientist, but primarily because it doesn’t align with your prior beliefs.

LOL
I'm a primary care physician, and this is consistent with what I'm seeing.

The safest protection from radiation is not lead or iodine but distance. Sure if you must be exposed lead is useful, but only distance from radiation is a guarantee. On social distancing the best way to prevent from getting infected is distance. Cut off all contact with the outside. It will work. The at risk population should be doing this (not so extreme they can't get supplies), but the healthy can't live this way and should be getting the virus and building immunity. Herd immunity is the solution, and shut downs only prolong this from happening.
From my practice many patients have expressed the government has cried wolf too many times.

We should listen to anyone with a rational thought. Experts can be wrong. They can be challenged. I'm not saying to dismiss the experts, but their words aren't Gospel truth either. Everyone should investigate and learn for themselves. If we could have honest conversations we may learn something from each other. That is not a shot at you DD. I'm speaking to everyone here and to our nation.
You are SPOT ON, the “at risk “population should be keeping their distance and protecting at all costs,, healthy people need and should live life. The media and liberals act like this thing is the Boogie man. Herd immunity IS the solution. I tested positive for the antibodies, i havent been sick in over 15 years other than a sinus infection and allergies.

Interesting that you quote Pontus Pilate.
Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people; and behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him.

My wife and I have talked to many people in the medical field that say the same thing, many people know the truth about this entire thing, but the fear mongering has gotten out of hand.
I will say this, I personally know a Pulmonologist who is in Charleston. He says that they are very close to full capacity of ICU for Covid-19 and says the numbers in his hospital seem to be under reported Compared to what he sees in media. Also, my wife works for a large hospital here in Atlanta. There have been emergency meetings the last several weeks as the influx of COVID patients is starting to get To levels where they are discussing temporary facilities again. Also, they had to create a special COVID labor and delivery wing to address all the COVID positive pregnant women in to have babies. They are discussing expanding this c-19 L&D temporary facility due to this increase. Not sure how you want to spin this, but something is amiss out there. Something is not adding up.

Reactions: celticdawg
You can't blame the press because the **** Up In Command is doing just that. They're gonna follow the stories and for the last 4 years Trump Baby has provided enough untruths and outright lies or misinformation to make it easy. Washington Post is as center as it gets. They blow up everyone equally over time Pub or Dem. CBS and ABC and NBC are more center than not. Ditto NY Times. The Trumpers just can't stand being continually proven their idiotic for supporting and voting for a mentally ill person as President.
giphy.gif

Reactions: paintdawg1
ADVERTISEMENT