ADVERTISEMENT

CPI report should be released tomorrow……

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
It ain’t working….”folks”.

Will somebody give me a good reason/reasons why we need 4 more years of this. I could be missing something.

Just crazy to think it was 1.4% the month Trump left office. Pretty sure he averaged under 2% his entire term:

“The April CPI, due to be released Wednesday morning, is forecast to show a 0.4% increase from the month before—the same reading in the March report. That would decrease the annual inflation rate to 3.4% in April from 3.5% in March. Meanwhile, core CPI, which excludes highly volatile food and energy prices, is predicted to decline to 0.3% from 0.4% in March.”

Last edited:
It ain’t working. Somebody give me a good reason/reasons why we need 4 more years of this.

Just crazy to think it was 1.4% the month Trump left office. Pretty sure he averaged under 2% his entire term:

“The April CPI, due to be released Wednesday morning, is forecast to show a 0.4% increase from the month before—the same reading in the March report. That would decrease the annual inflation rate to 3.4% in April from 3.5% in March. Meanwhile, core CPI, which excludes highly volatile food and energy prices, is predicted to decline to 0.3% from 0.4% in March.”

If this one prints bad we can kiss any near term Fed cuts goodbye and tomorrow might be a rough day in the markets. The markets might remain hopeful for one late year cut. Time for the Veg to roll out another Inflation Reduction Act to get this under control. A half billion dollars worth of new Chinese solar panels should tame inflation. Theirs, not ours.

If this one prints bad we can kiss any near term Fed cuts goodbye and tomorrow might be a rough day in the markets. The markets might remain hopeful for one late year cut. Time for the Veg to roll out another Inflation Reduction Act to get this under control. A half billion dollars worth of new Chinese solar panels should tame inflation. Theirs, not ours.
Afraid another 4 years of this and we get much closer to defaulting……

Will somebody give me a good reason/reasons why we need 4 more years of this. I could be missing something.

That is why I think Biden gets smoked. I talk to people who voted for him everyday. They are mad. He left the poor behind. My daughter is just out on her own and rants on this everyday. She was ready for trump to go in 2020. Now she has used words to describe Biden I have never even heard of.

I bought 600 dollars worth of groceries today. I have 3 kids at home and a fourth who is making 17 dollars and hour and still is woefully short of making ends meet. No way in hell single parents are making it. No way more won’t go on welfare. The middle class has totally adjusted. A government job that used to put you in the middle class doesn’t. A first year teacher can’t live on their own. His policies have caused this and that is why young kids flip him off everywhere he goes. Not to mention he has one foot in the grave.

Well, Joe has claimed in the last couple of days that he inherited 9% inflation from Trump. He must be misconfused or a liar. I think both.

That is why I think Biden gets smoked. I talk to people who voted for him everyday. They are mad. He left the poor behind. My daughter is just out on her own and rants on this everyday. She was ready for trump to go in 2020. Now she has used words to describe Biden I have never even heard of.

I bought 600 dollars worth of groceries today. I have 3 kids at home and a fourth who is making 17 dollars and hour and still is woefully short of making ends meet. No way in hell single parents are making it. No way more won’t go on welfare. The middle class has totally adjusted. A government job that used to put you in the middle class doesn’t. A first year teacher can’t live on their own. His policies have caused this and that is why young kids flip him off everywhere he goes. Not to mention he has one foot in the grave.
Hope you are right on Biden, seeing and feeling it has a tendency hit home for most folks. The sting is real.

$600???…..dayum man. I almost blew a gasket today when I paid $7 and some change for a single scoop of ice cream. Can’t imagine what $600 would have done to my noggin.

Yep, it’s tougher on younger people starting out. Youngest daughter just graduated college last Saturday, already has been hired……but we had to talk her into living with us a year before she moved out.

Of course, my oldest teaches and is in a pretty good situation and not struggling.

Another 4 years of Biden, you will see less and less of the middle class and more of just the rich and poor…….thinks that is the plan.

People better take this seriously and vote like their life depended on it……pretty sure we all can’t outpace inflation.

The left wants the middle class to be entirely eradicated. The more people you have on welfare the more control you have to stop uprisings and such.

We need someone in charge willing to go the Argentina route to fix the state of the economy.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Hope you are right on Biden, seeing and feeling it has a tendency hit home for most folks. The sting is real.

$600???…..dayum man. I almost blew a gasket today when I paid $7 and some change for a single scoop of ice cream. Can’t imagine what $600 would have done to my noggin.

Yep, it’s tougher on younger people starting out. Youngest daughter just graduated college last Saturday, already has been hired……but we had to talk her into living with us a year before she moved out.

Of course, my oldest teaches and is in a pretty good situation and not struggling.

Another 4 years of Biden, you will see less and less of the middle class and more of just the rich and poor…….thinks that is the plan.

People better take this seriously and vote like their life depended on it……pretty sure we all can’t outpace inflation.
I’d be interested to see what $600 worth of groceries looks like. I imagine not so much. We buy groceries a meal or two at a time. The stores are close by. I find that two full plastic bags run me between 40 and 60 bucks most times. I’d guess $600 gets you one full cart, maybe a bit more, with some high priced items like beef, deli goods, cheese, etc. I bought a large container of deluxe mixed nuts for 17 bucks recently. I buy beef jerky which is expensive but Walmart helps on that one. Sometimes I get a couple boxes of wine at $20 per box. We eat expensive items like beef and a lot of fish and other seafood.

Feeding kids is expensive. A 600 bucks grocery bill doesn’t surprise me at all, Zinger. At least you know you have four huge raises in your future as each kid transitions to self sufficiency. It’s good of you both to recognize how tough these prices are on the working poor. There are millions of young families out there working hard and not making ends meet. This sorry government could help them if they GAS, which they don’t. FJB will let the Trump tax cuts expire if reelected which, along with his proposed capital gains tax hikes, will hurt all Americans with higher prices and less incentive to invest which will increase scarcity and prices. He will also continue sending billions of dollars to pet projects and to foreign wars. Non-productive use of printing press dollars= higher prices at home. They don’t GAS.

Just one of the Trump tax cuts he will allow to sunset is the doubling of the standard deduction, now at about $30K for married. But no new taxes for under 400K, right FJB?

What in the world are people thinking that they would vote for higher taxes and massive deficit spending, not to mention all the extreme weirdness ushered in by this government of mutts?

Last edited:
I’d be interested to see what $600 worth of groceries looks like. I imagine not so much. We buy groceries a meal or two at a time. The stores are close by. I find that two full plastic bags run me between 40 and 60 bucks most times. I’d guess $600 gets you one full cart, maybe a bit more, with some high priced items like beef, deli goods, cheese, etc. I bought a large container of deluxe mixed nuts for 17 bucks recently. I buy beef jerky which is expensive but Walmart helps on that one. Sometimes I get a couple boxes of wine at $20 per box. We eat expensive items like beef and a lot of fish and other seafood.

Feeding kids is expensive. A 600 bucks grocery bill doesn’t surprise me at all, Zinger. At least you know you have four huge raises in your future as each kid transitions to self sufficiency. It’s good of you both to recognize how tough these prices are on the working poor. There are millions of young families out there working hard and not making ends meet. This sorry government could help them if they GAS, which they don’t. FJB will let the Trump tax cuts expire if reelected which, along with his proposed capital gains tax hikes, will hurt all Americans with higher prices and less incentive to invest which will increase scarcity and prices. He will also continue sending billions of dollars to pet projects and to foreign wars. Non-productive use of printing press dollars= higher prices at home. They don’t GAS.

Just one of the Trump tax cuts he will allow to sunset is the doubling of the standard deduction, now at about $30K for married. But no new taxes for under 400K, right FJB?

What in the world are people thinking that they would vote for higher taxes and massive deficit spending, not to mention all the extreme weirdness ushered in by this government of mutts?
Going old school, switching to potted meat, sardines and ketchup sandwiches.

Not as much as you think. We did buy in bulk. And some of that money was daily medicine. But maybe 30 dollars of it. Between Costco and Kroger. We made a menu for a week and a half of what she cooks and what I will cook for 6. Plus your everyday things needed. The money didn’t go very far for sure. Six years ago I could do two carts at Kroger for about 350 bucks. I would say it is about the same amount.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT