ADVERTISEMENT

"Culture reveal" moments

Chew Dawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
NYC
watching the replay of Bama's idiot WRs got me thinking about moments captured on screen that showed the whole world the reality of a team's culture.

It's great to see Bama on the decline. They won't be competitive at our level for much longer.

Otoh, 2 of my UGA favorites:

1. UGA @ SC 2004

We were supposed to be all-world that season. We quickly figured out that we weren't. Early in the year we headed to Williams-Brice and found ourselves down 16 - 0 quickly. The stadium was going crazy, we'd lost every ounce of momentum, and the reality of watching National Champ dreams die with a loss to a lousy South Carolina team was setting in.

Then the camera pans to the UGA sideline and Thomas Davis is performing a religious revival with the entire defense huddled around him and not a coach in sight. SC doesn't score again the rest of the day and we survive 20 - 16.

That's the kind of shit you can't fake. Total culture reveal. The foundation was strong that day.

2. UGA @ SC 2022

(This one still cracks me up)

We absolutely curb-stomped them all day and were on the cusp of completing the shutout, but on their final drive Daniel-Sisavanh bit on a fake and gave up a TD. As he walked back to the sideline Kirby was so disgusted he wouldn't even look at him. Every player on our sideline treated him like a leper and kept their distance. The poor dude sat at the end of the bench alone with tears in his eyes, reeling in shame.

What kind of batshit crazy team cares so much about their shutout that they're all repulsed in the final seconds of a 48 - 7 victory?

One that has the guts needed to claw back and steal a game they had no business winning exactly 15 weeks later.

Add to the thread... what are other great "culture reveal" moments? Pro-UGA and anti-rival examples are welcome.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.