ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request Dad’s in Deep Trouble, Could Use Your Prayers… (HE’S HOME!)

Krowking123

Just Part of the Flock
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2021
I posted a few months back that my father came down with MDS, basically a pre cancer that develops after taking Chemo in some patients and can only be fixed with a Bone Marrow Transplant. Well for a while things were looking good, we found a donor (my sister) and we had a planned date on the 12th to get the transplant done. Well now the situation has turned sharply the other way, his treatment and medication lead to him getting a lower body ailment that has cause him off and on fevers and they didn’t want to do surgery cause of his condition. Now he is at Northside, a fever going as far as 105 right now and he could really use the prayers. Thank you and god bless.

UPDATE: We’re not out of the woods yet but his fever did break the last we checked with him, he’s down to 98.6. That’s the lowest it’s been since Monday when it started, We’re gonna have a very tough road ahead and they’ll have to do surgery at some point to help the infected places but he’s stable right now. Appreciate the love and prayers, keep them coming cause I think they’re working!

UPDATE 2: His fever right now is broken and he is finally getting some sleep. He’s on oxygen right now and his condition has spread but doctors seem confident that he’s okay right now from what I’ve been able to gather from my mother who’s with him. If anything major changes I’ll let you know!

UPDATE 3: He’s going to have surgery at 3:00 today to remove the part of his colon causing the issue. He has some pneumonia in his lungs from the fluids but I don’t think it’s a severe case, they’re gonna make sure he gets a lot of oxygen, doesn’t make me personally feel much better though (I had pneumonia and my lungs were never the same afterwards). Pray for a successful surgery!

UPDATE 4: Dad’s surgery went well! He’s still got some pneumonia that we think is causing his fever to spike still but it’s nowhere near as bad as before, he’s on oxygen but should be getting off it in the next day or so. Praying that the worst is behind us!

Final Update: Dad has gotten through his rehab and he is now home! We still have a long and rough road ahead, he still needs a bone marrow transplant to truly get better but he’s finally home. Thank you for all of your prayers through this, it’s been really appreciated!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.