ADVERTISEMENT

Daughter is at…..

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
Churchill Downs today to watch the Derby. I believe this is her 3rd year in a row……already has studied abroad in Austria and will be graduating next Saturday.

Not sure if she really knows how lucky she is. You can tell her, but I guess you really have to experience how it is on the other side of the fence before it really hits home.

Growing up a PO white boy in south GA, I was lucky to able to go to a Braves game or Six Flags. The only way that I was able to go back then was to make the baseball Little League All-Star team…:..did it 2X. Always had a blast, thought I was indeed in “tall cotton”.

College was another story for me.

Nonetheless, pretty dang sure I wouldn’t have liked the Kentucky Derby back then. Thinks they are all probably “racists” anyway…….only white people, silly looking big white hats with Mint Juleps in their hands w/ their pinkies out….no “flavor” in the crowd.

Guessing their choice in music sux too.

Nonetheless, if y’all see a blonde with a drink in her hand, a shat eating grin and a funny looking hat on….let me know, she’s mine.

Last edited:
Churchill Downs today to watch the Derby. I believe this is her 3rd year in a row……already has studied abroad in Austria and will be graduating next Saturday.

Not sure if she really knows how lucky she is. You can tell her, but I guess you really have to experience the other side of the fence for that to really hit home.

Growing up a PO white boy in south GA, I was lucky to able to go to a Braves game or Six Flags. The only way that I was able to go back then was to make the baseball Little League All-Star team…:..did it 2X. Always had a blast, thought I was indeed in “tall cotton”.

Nonetheless, pretty dang sure I wouldn’t have liked the Kentucky Derby back then. Thinks they are all probably “racists” anyway…….only white people, silly looking big white hats with Mint Juleps in their hands w/ their pinkies out….no “flavor” in the crowd.

Nonetheless, if y’all see a blonde with a drink in her hand, a shat eating grin and a funny looking hat on….let me know, she’s mine.
Pic violation.

Not sure if she really knows how lucky she is. You can tell her, but I guess you really have to experience how it is on the other side of the fence before it really hits home.

Had a great time there when I went 30 years ago. The infield is a party from hell, but the stands are where it is at. IMO. Was fortunate to have a ticket in the stands. I had been initiated into a fraternity the day I left. I hadn’t slept in a week. Somehow managed to drive with friends for 8 hours on Friday up to Louisville. Managed to wake up the next day. It was an awesome experience. Bucket list for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg
Had a great time there when I went 30 years ago. The infield is a party from hell, but the stands are where it is at. IMO. Was fortunate to have a ticket in the stands. I had been initiated into a fraternity the day I left. I hadn’t slept in a week. Somehow managed to drive with friends for 8 hours on Friday up to Louisville. Managed to wake up the next day. It was an awesome experience. Bucket list for sure.
Sounds like you had a good time and hopefully managed to stay out of jail. Memories you will probably always cherish.

My daughter is with a group, she has a friend that is a senior at Louisville that got a couple of free tickets. Not sure where she is sitting, but I am pretty sure she has good seats.

Guessing this is a sport that you would definitely like much better by being there than not….kinda like NASCAR or golf I’m guessing.

Need to take the wife sometime before “I got died”.

Reactions: zingerdawg
Sounds like you had a good time and hopefully managed to stay out of jail. Memories you will probably always cherish.

My daughter is with a group, she has a friend that is a senior at Louisville that got a couple of free tickets. Not sure where she is sitting, but I am pretty sure she has good seats.

Guessing this is a sport that you would definitely like much better by being there than not….kinda like NASCAR or golf I’m guessing.

Need to take the wife sometime before “I got died”.
Yes. Much better in the stands. For me it is like hockey. Watching hockey in the stadium is another level of entertainment. I don’t even like hockey. I have listened to NASCAR on the radio and been entertained. lol. Used to be a professional golfer so hockey works for me. Haha.

She will have a blast. I was sitting in the middle of several celebrities. I was in some high cotton for a day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT