ADVERTISEMENT

Deep breath...

HacksawDawg

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2001
We don't have an "issue" within Georgia Football. Nobody does more player development off the field than Kirby does. As someone in another thread rightly cited, Kirby learned this from Saban.

Name a player who has done something truly bad that Kirby hasn't dealt with extremely harshly. Kirby has never shown he's hesitant to kick a player off the team. There's a long list of dismissed players under Kirby. Kirby quietly dismissed a fourth-year safety just a couple weeks ago.

Driving violations...I blame NIL more than anything else. Put a crap ton of horsepower in the hands of college kids, and they're going to make a LOT of poor decisions. Anyone with kids in HS has probably gotten caught trying to traverse the HS parking lot when school lets out. It's like damn Mario Kart. They're not bad kids - they're just young and DUMB.

Fans completely dismiss the human element of discipline because these kids are anonymous people to us. When you have relationships with players, it's not as easy to look them and their parents in the eye and tell them you're derailing their dreams over a moving traffic violation. I wouldn't do it, and I'm glad Kirby doesn't do it. All you can do is continue to educate them.

You either trust Kirby, or you don't. For many, it's a knee-jerk response to their personal embarrassment of the media headlines.

I absolutely 100% trust Kirby on discipline. I cannot stress that enough. 100%. Hold your Dawg head high, and if anyone gives you shit, dismiss them and don't waver in your trust of our head coach. He's doing it the right way. And if there is a better way to handle it, there's not a stone Kirby won't turn over to find that better way.

Kirby will handle RaRa the right way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.