ADVERTISEMENT

divisiveness.

that's terrible.
immediately muted.
watched, that dude's moves are also subpar.
Pug, it was December 31, 1974, and my brother and I were at a sleepover at my crazy cousins’ house, and I do mean crazy. We were intently listening to Kasey Kasem near the end of his countdown of the top 100 songs of the year. Of course, we all knew deep in our hearts that the top song of the year would be none other than “Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting,” and we ready to break out in the mother of all Kung Fu fights the moment the song started on the radio.

Out excitement turned to rage as Kasey announced that the number one song of the year was “The Way We Were” by Barbara Streisand. My uncle, who was very deep into the sauce, came into the bedroom to try and calm us down, but to no avail.

Next, in his drunkenness her threw a wadded pair of his dress socks into the room and yelled “Rat!!!!” All five of us were armed to the teeth with our BB guns, and we opened fire. BB’s were flying everywhere, and when my uncle finally got us to stop and retrieved his socks, they were full of holes.

So, to this day, I unapologetically carry a torch for that classic one-hit wonder Kung Fu song, and to hell with Barbara Streisand!

Pug, it was December 31, 1974, and my brother and I were at a sleepover at my crazy cousins’ house, and I do mean crazy. We were intently listening to Kasey Kasem near the end of his countdown of the top 100 songs of the year. Of course, we all knew deep in our hearts that the top song of the year would be none other than “Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting,” and we ready to break out in the mother of all Kung Fu fights the moment the song started on the radio.

Out excitement turned to rage as Kasey announced that the number one song of the year was “The Way We Were” by Barbara Streisand. My uncle, who was very deep into the sauce, came into the bedroom to try and calm us down, but to no avail.

Next, in his drunkenness her threw a wadded pair of his dress socks into the room and yelled “Rat!!!!” All five of us were armed to the teeth with our BB guns, and we opened fire. BB’s were flying everywhere, and when my uncle finally got us to stop and retrieved his socks, they were full of holes.

So, to this day, I unapologetically carry a torch for that classic one-hit wonder Kung Fu song, and to hell with Barbara Streisand!
I apologize,
i understand your outrage.

That’s hilarious! Thanks for the great story when life was soooo much better!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT