ADVERTISEMENT

Do people not find it wildly

Coincidental that as soon hospitals are reaching "maximum capacity", hospitalizations seem to flatten? There sure is alot of things that make you say "hmmmm" with this thing.
Working in Risk Mgt for a long while I realized the smoke and mirrors used to get federal grants for healthcare facilities, they have to hit certain numbers to qualify. Many times those numbers are padded by medical personnel to ensure they get these grants.

Working in Risk Mgt for a long while I realized the smoke and mirrors used to get federal grants for healthcare facilities, they have to hit certain numbers to qualify. Many times those numbers are padded by medical personnel to ensure they get these grants.

Nothing surprises me anymore.......There is definitely to smoke with this thing.

Yep, and nobody builds a hospital to run at 50% capacity. There is a reason why insurance companies and hospital staff are always negotiating length of stay etc. Both entities have an interest in the amount of money spent on services and nights in a room.

Do we even know for a fact that tests aren't showing positive for the common cold?

Edit: a quick Google search shows that the CDC has conceded that antibody tests could be positive for covid19 when it actually was another coronavirus.

Last edited:
Yep, and nobody builds a hospital to run at 50% capacity. There is a reason why insurance companies and hospital staff are always negotiating length of stay etc. Both entities have an interest in the amount of money spent on services and nights in a room.
True, they get 72 hours of care for Medicare/Medicaid patients (emergency care). Once they eclipse 72 hours those grants don't cover extended-stay hospital treatments (unless those individuals have supplemental plans). That's why so many are back to manageable numbers in a few days (they are literally discharging patients on the 4th day if at all possible).

My friends hospital is/was running at 50% staff. The employees are hurting. You better believe they are admitting people to keep the thing afloat and keep a paycheck coming to their employees.
They will cut off a ventilator after 48 hours if they get a DNR. They'll watch you drown in your own mucous then slap a COVID death certificate on it.

Coincidental that as soon hospitals are reaching "maximum capacity", hospitalizations seem to flatten? There sure is alot of things that make you say "hmmmm" with this thing.

Yours is probably one of several factors in play here. One number that virtually no one is reporting is that the onset of new Georgia cases peaked on July 11. Keep in mind (I forget this from time-to-time) is that the daily number of "new cases" is, like the daily reporting of deaths, is not a real-time number.

Here's what I mean. Let's take a hypothetical Joe. He starts to run a fever on July 1. His symptoms worsen and he gets tested on July 3. There's a delay in getting Joe's results and the lab doesn't electronically report Joe's results until the evening of July 7. Joe will appear in the DPH "new case" count on July 8. The DPH then gets Joe's info and discovers that his symptoms began on July 1, so the DPH charts his onset date as July 1.

And there's another factor. The "new hospitalization" number on the DPH website may not mean what you think. That number represents the number of people who are a) in a hospital and b) have a confirmed case of COVID. It doesn't mean that the patient came to the hospital because of COVID or that the patient is primarily treated for COVID. Likewise, the "total hospitalization" number on the GEMA facebook and twitter page is defined the same way. Unfortunately, we simply don't know how many are hospitalized FOR COVID, as compared to those who are hospitalized WITH COVID.

All that said, with the onset of new cases peaking on July 11, you would expect that people needing to go to the hospital for COVID to level off and begin to decrease a week or two later, and that is exactly what seems to be happening.

And another underreported point: The Rt factor in Georgia is now estimated at 0.97. Only 10 states have a lower Rt factor as of today. Simply put, if accurate, this means that the virus is on the decline in Georgia.

This is not to deny that the virus did begin to increase in Georgia around the second week of June, seven weeks after the state was "reopened", but only two weeks after the Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:
Yours is probably one of several factors in play here. One number that virtually no one is reporting is that the onset of new Georgia cases peaked on July 11. Keep in mind (I forget this from time-to-time) is that the daily number of "new cases" is, like the daily reporting of deaths, is not a real-time number.

Here's what I mean. Let's take a hypothetical Joe. He starts to run a fever on July 1. His symptoms worsen and he gets tested on July 3. There's a delay in getting Joe's results and the lab doesn't electronically Joe's results until the evening of July 7. Joe will appear in the DPH "new case" count on July 8. The DPH then gets Joe's info and discovers that his symptoms began on July 1, so the DPH charts his onset date as July 1.

And there's another factor. The "new hospitalization" number on the DPH website may not mean what you think. That number represents the number of people who are a) in a hospital and b) have a confirmed case of COVID. It doesn't mean that the patient came to the hospital because of COVID or that the patient is primarily treated for COVID. Likewise, the "total hospitalization" number on the GEMA facebook and twitter page is defined the same way. Unfortunately, we simply don't know how many are hospitalized FOR COVID, as compared to those who are hospitalized WITH COVID.

All that said, with the onset of new cases peaking on July 11, you would expect that people needing to go to the hospital for COVID to level off and begin to decrease a week or two later, and that is exactly what seems to be happening.

And another underreported point: The Rt factor in Georgia is now estimated at 0.97. Only 10 states have a lower Rt factor as of today. Simply put, if accurate, this means that the virus is on the decline in Georgia.

This is not to deny that the virus did begin to increase in Georgia around the second week of June, seven weeks after the state was "reopened", but only two weeks after the Memorial Day weekend.

Good job and excellent analysis. You may recall we exchange posts for years when I was 65 DAWG. You in Dalton as I recall. 65

Do we even know for a fact that tests aren't showing positive for the common cold?

Edit: a quick Google search shows that the CDC has conceded that antibody tests could be positive for covid19 when it actually was another coronavirus.
The test don't know the difference between the coronas it's flawed at best and yields false positives also.

Gee, let's see if we can apply some logic here: Hospitals are at / near capacity >>> meaning there's little / no room to admit more C19 patients >>> therefore admissions decrease until beds are available >>> so admits ultimately flatten in the interim. Now, that wasn't that hard was it?

Gee, let's see if we can apply some logic here: Hospitals are at / near capacity >>> meaning there's little / no room to admit more C19 patients >>> therefore admissions decrease until beds are available >>> so admits ultimately flatten in the interim. Now, that wasn't that hard was it?

So they do this at 90 percent capacity? Interesting and pretty coincidental. Please explain how admittance would decrease NEAR capacity.

If you think they would turn down the money involved with Covid, you are kidding yourself. They would the 100 percent full and busting at the seams with Covid patients if they could, not near capacity. Instead, numbers start to fall NEAR capacity.

You are so blinded by your fear and Biden's crotch that really don't know which way is up.

I will expect answers when Kamala Harris is leading the show thanks to morons like you.

Go to Louisville.

Last edited:

Here's what I mean. Let's take a hypothetical Joe. He starts to run a fever on July 1. His symptoms worsen and he gets tested on July 3. There's a delay in getting Joe's results and the lab doesn't electronically Joe's results until the evening of July 7. Joe will appear in the DPH "new case" count on July 8. The DPH then gets Joe's info and discovers that his symptoms began on July 1, so the DPH charts his onset date as July 1.

Good & rational synopsis

There were a few other things that occurred near Memorial Day as well.

This was May 29th
atlanta-protest-cnn.jpg

Good & rational synopsis

There were a few other things that occurred near Memorial Day as well.

This was May 29th
atlanta-protest-cnn.jpg
I simply highlighted the timeline. The events that occurred during that timeline are a matter or public record. I will allow everyone to opine about the cause of the increase

But I do believe this: if Folks getting their hair done, bowling, or eating in a restaurant in late April/ early May caused a spike, you would have seen it well before the second week of June. All of the May numbers were low and flat.

How are you always so uninformed? How many hospitals do you hear of operating above capacity? Most hospitals can quickly double their ICU capacity. Educate yourself on something and quit being an ignorant pawn used by the enemies of this nation.

So hospitals aren’t near maximum capacity because they essentially shut them down for 2 months and now have a backlog of surgeries and other procedures mixed with some COVID .....got it .....fits the narrative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT