ADVERTISEMENT

Election Integrity, yea right

dawgfood0612

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2008
I am no fan of Stacy Abrams, and will be voting for Kemp, but this ruling by a judge shows how the Georgia election laws passed last year had nothing to do with election "integrity", but were all about winning elections.

So one of the laws passed said that candidates could form "leadership committees" that could raise unlimited amounts of cash, but not until they were a major parties nominee. However, it had exemptions for certain officeholders. The effect of the law was to allow Kemp to raise the funds starting a few months ago, but Stacy can't raise until she becomes the Dem nominee next month.

How blatant is that, and a judge has put a stop to it, but not before Kemp took advantage and raised a ton of cash.

That is not election "integrity", it is the exact opposite.

I still will be voting for Kemp, but this BS is why folks are so jaded about our so called leaders.

don’t cry too hard for those underprivileged democrats. Just shows kemp isn’t an idiot. Just wait and see the voting laws change if a dem wins the governors seat. It will be the Wild West. There are already allegations of billionaire donors buying up votes in swing states. I think they will be ok.

don’t cry too hard for those underprivileged democrats. Just shows kemp isn’t an idiot. Just wait and see the voting laws change if a dem wins the governors seat. It will be the Wild West. There are already allegations of billionaire donors buying up votes in swing states. I think they will be ok.
It just shows how Democratic vs Republican is a sham. Our politics operate like pro wrestling. These people don't hate each other like voters do.

I am no fan of Stacy Abrams, and will be voting for Kemp, but this ruling by a judge shows how the Georgia election laws passed last year had nothing to do with election "integrity", but were all about winning elections.

So one of the laws passed said that candidates could form "leadership committees" that could raise unlimited amounts of cash, but not until they were a major parties nominee. However, it had exemptions for certain officeholders. The effect of the law was to allow Kemp to raise the funds starting a few months ago, but Stacy can't raise until she becomes the Dem nominee next month.

How blatant is that, and a judge has put a stop to it, but not before Kemp took advantage and raised a ton of cash.

I still will be voting for Kemp, but this BS is why folks are so jaded about our so called leaders.

Abrams has raised more money than Kemp thus far. I wonder if any of it came from Georgians.

I agree with you but just want folks like you to admit, pols on both sides try to rig the game in their favor and we need a free press that holds all, not just one side accountable. Honestly, if the press had been doing it's job, there would be less corruption in government and people like DJT would have never been serious candidates because they wouldn't have had a platform.

Nor can David Perdue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT